A Secret is Finally Revealed

Henry's POV:

Ray's words echoed in my ears. Who was he introducing? A new girlfriend? If so hopefully this one wasn't criminal like Gwen was. Also he was the one who always told us not to bring people down to the man cave.

A fourteen year old girl came out of the hidden door. She had deep red hair. You could tell it was dyed up close.

"This is my younger sister. Her name is Vanessa. She's your age," Ray said looking at us. He smiled. "I hope you guys will get along. She lives in the man cave now. She'll be working with Schwoz."

"Hi," Vanessa said smiling. "I just moved in with my brother this morning. My parents were constantly fighting and I thought why not move in with my brother who could actually be my father. We're twenty years apart, so."

I wondered what it was like to be twenty years younger than my sibling. It would be very interesting. I mean Piper is only four years younger than me.

  "Ray's an awesome guy. I bet he's an awesome brother," I said smiling at Vanessa.

  "He is," she replied also smiling. "So Henry what's it like being a sidekick? What's it like having a superpower?" She asked.

  "It's really cool. Actually my girlfriend, Cassi, she has more than one superpower. She has the one I have, freeze breath, heat breath, and telekinesis. She was born into a superhero family actually," I told her. I thought I saw a hint of jealousy on her face at the mention of me having a girlfriend.

  "Oh, that's cool, I guess," she said. She gave me a half-smile. Vanessa sat down on the couch.

"What's it like being Captain Man's sister?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"It's ok. He can be very annoying. He believes he's the best looking man in Swellview. I personally don't think so," Vanessa replied.

"Neither do I," Cassi replied sitting down next to me.

I smiled at her. I put an arm around her. "This is Cassi," I told Vanessa.

"Oh well it's nice to meet you," Vanessa stated. In a way it looked like she was frowning. Maybe she had started to like me in a boyfriend way. I was pretty sure I had crushed her when she found out I was dating Cassi. I didn't want to hurt her, but I loved Cassi.

  "You too," Cassi said back. She smiled at Vanessa.

They didn't really chat. Vanessa kept quiet. I talked to Cassi and Jasper talked to Vanessa. She ended up actually talking to him. They laughed while they chatted. Maybe they would get on and she would like him.

  Soon Ray came in. "Hey guys I was taking to Schwoz and he said that he wants to try a new machine out. He wasn't to try it on Cassi," he told us.

  "It depends on what it is," Cassi told him standing up.

  "He said it can relieve stress, but right now it might kill you," Ray replied.

  "Then no one is trying it out."

Ray rolled his eyes. He walked over to her. "You're no fun!" He yelled.

"Whatever," she told him walking away. She walked over to the stairs and sat down on the stairs.

Ray walked away. He walked out of the room into his bed room. He lived in the man cave. Vanessa followed him. Then the siren went off and the lights blinking.

Ray ran out, "What's wrong?"

  "It's Drex!" I yelled.

  "Oh great! How did he get out?" Asked Cassi pulling out her tube of gumballs.

  "I don't know," I replied also grabbing mine.

  We all blew our bubbles. After turning into Captain, Kid Danger, and Girl Danger we ran under the three tubes. "Up the tube!" I yelled. The next second we shot up the tube.