Chapter Sixteen: Let's See What We Can Do

We're still about fifty feet up and when it happened I didn't even concentrate. The thought just entered my mind and we lifted skyward.  I decide before anything else happens to ease us back down. As we touch the ground the girls let go. Opening my hand we see the crystal is still glowing blue...

Our property, across the field...

As this is going on, Logan and his Dad have pulled over where he had his wreck last night. They've just reached the car when Logan notices the three of us in the distance spinning slowly high in the air. His Dad has is looking inside the car and lucky for us hasn't seen anything. Logan continues to watch us until we slowly descend below the tree line.  Shaking his head he smiles to himself.

"Son, you're lucky to be alive."

Logan regains his composure, "Yeah Dad, I know. I'm just glad my new friends got here when they did."

His Dad raises back up and notices the door twenty feet away. "How did the door get that far away from the car?"

"I guess the fire department moved it."

Daniel looks closely at the hinges on the car and the door pin. He walks over to take a better look at the door itself. After an uneasy moment for Logan, he raises up. "You told me that Max opened the door and Megan helped you out, right?"

Logan swallows hard and nods. His Dad walks back over to the burned out hull. "This door was ripped off with force. You can see how the door frame was partially crushed and the hinges are ripped off the car," he stands to face him. "There's no way Max could've opened the door. Only the fire department with their hydraulic tools could've done this."

Logan shakes his head, "I don't know Dad. I could barley see out. Maybe the door was broken loose from the crash and Max just pulled it the rest of the way off."

Daniel stands up wiping his hands together staring at him...

Near the barn...

I turn to Hailey, " I want to try something." She opens the box and I put the crystal inside. Then I turn toward an old tractor covered in vines. It's time to experiment...

I've never tried to lift anything this big before so this should be interesting. Taking a deep breath I begin thinking about the tractor lifting up and nothing happens. I stop, gather my thoughts, and hold out my hand. This helps sometimes when I'm trying to lift something heavy. Concentrating as hard as I can the tractor begins to vibrate. With my power at it's strongest, I slowly lift my hand. The tractor begins to rock back and forth and lifts up about a foot. Losing my strength I drop to my knees as the tractor falls back to the ground.

The girls rush over to me, "Are you alright?" Hailey asks.

"I'm okay. Just give me a minute." I say and wipe blood from my nose.

"First time this has happened."

After a moment they help me up. "Alright, let me have the crystal."

Megan, very concerned grabs my hand. "Max, are you sure?"

I nod, "Yeah, I'm sure." Hailey reluctantly holds the box up and opens it. Getting the crystal I turn back toward the tractor.

"I would stand back if I were you two." They take a couple steps back...

Looking at the tractor I begin thinking about it lifting up. The crystal begins to glow deep blue in my hand, and so are my eyes... Gently, it levitates upward pulling and snapping the vines as it does. I stop it about ten feet off the ground and this time I'm not even breaking a sweat. The girls cautiously walk up beside me as all of us stare at the unnatural sight of a farm tractor hovering in the air...