8. Making Amends

Samantha's POV-

I didn't want to think about the party and how I totally freaked out on Wes. I need to get over myself Trevor is gone and isn't coming back. It hurt me to say it but it was true and I blamed my mom, I know it isn't right because she wasn't the one that shot him but I like to think it was because of her that he was there in the first place. I think it is easier to blame someone even if it was nobodies fault. I look down at my phone and I had a missed call from Delaney and one from Wes, i did not return either call. I also had texts lots of them.

Wes- Are you mad? 

Wes- I'm sorry :( for whatever I did. 

Delaney- Are you ok?

Delaney- Wes told me you left, Did something happen????

Dario- Missed you at the party, Laney said you left early??

Nel- left your house, Stacy called apparently her boyfriend dumped her .... I have to go do damage control.... kill me now 

Wes- Will you please just text me back

Wes- I just want to know you are ok....please answer me

Delaney- Are you ok??? I can come over if you want some company

Dario- Please answer Laney back she is acting like a lunatic....

I didn't want company or to answer anyone back I barely knew these people and yet they seemed so interested in my well being. It was weird having people that actually cared about me I was used to being a loner. Maybe I shouldn't mess this up, maybe I should at least tell them i'm ok. 

Me- Delaney, I'm fine you do not need to come over... I'll talk to you later

Me- Wes, I'm alive...

Was it bad that I wasn't really up to talking to Wes, I don't know why I decided to text him, we weren't friends he was an annoying pain in my ass who won't leave me alone but for some reason I felt the need to let him know that I was fine. Yes I am still upset but not at him, he doesn't know anything about me and so how could i be mad at him? The doorbell takes me away from my thoughts and i chose to ignore it. Whoever it was I didn't want to see them. After a couple minutes the doorbell didn't ring again so i thought it would be safe to go down stairs. 

Once I reached the the end of the stairs I heard voices, I forgot my parents were home.... I tried to get past the front door without anyone seeing me just in case it was for me. I wasn't ready to face anyone not yet, I was grieving and I wanted to do it alone. I tried to make it to the kitchen but I was caught. 

"Samantha, your friend is here to see you." My mom said before I could make it to the safety of the kitchen. 

"Sammie." It was quiet but I heard it, Wes was there at my door. I wasn't the only one who heard it my mom did too. She looked surprised, she was staring at Wes shocked by the words that came out of his mouth. 

"Wes what the hell are you doing here?" I ask not moving.

"I wanted to talk." He seemed serious, Wes was never a serious guy. Not the Wes I know, the Wes I know would be cracking jokes or trying to push my buttons. 

"Well you can't always get what you want." I finally get myself to move and I close the door. I turn to my mom who was quietly standing there.

"I'm sorry mom for blaming you." I say.

"I know sweetheart, Its been rough on all of us." She smiles slightly. 

"I don't blame you guys for what happened I was just lost and needed someone to take it out on." I wanted to fix the relationship I had totally destroyed.