Bonus chapter 2: making the call

Laneys POV:

I walked into school and I saw the stares. People were whispering to themselves. What had happened this weekend that I didn't know about?

When I rounded the corner I saw my brother. I breathed I sigh of relief. He hadn't been home all weekend. He was with the guy he was always with but this time they were holding hands and laughing as they made there way down the hall. I looked at my classmates and saw them look at my brother with disgusted faces. I then finally heard what people were saying.

"I heard his family disowned him."

"Good that's what he deserves."

"No wonder he has no friends."

"I feel bad for Laney having to have him as a brother."

"No wonder she hates him."

I felt like I was suffocating. Me and my brother didn't get along but it had nothing to do with the fact he was gay. We were just different, I was popular and he was a loner. He said I was fake and I said he was a freak. But now everyone was talking badly about my brother and I couldn't stand it. He didn't deserve this.

I spun around tears in my eyes. This couldn't be happening.

"Hey." Aaron said grabbing my hand before I could run away.

"Hey." I choked out.

"What wrong?" He asked concerned.

"What wrong?" I said loudly.

He looked taken back by my out burst.

"What's wrong is the fact everyone is talking about my brother." I cried out.

"Del, what did you expect? Did you really think the school was just going to except him? He's a gay loner freak, he deserves all of this."

I slapped him, hard.

"Don't you ever say that about my brother again." I yelled.

"Del what is wrong with you?" He snapped.

"What is wrong with me?" I screamed. "You are out of your mind Aaron, don't come near me ever again."

"Gladly." He scoffed.

I retreated down the hall as people continued to whisper.

I found my brother by his locker, alone.

"Dario." I called out to him.

He looked shocked as he watched me run towards him.

"What do you want Del?" He sighed.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing."

"How do you think I am doing?" He snapped.

"Dar what am I supposed to do? I don't know how to help?"

"There is nothing you can do Del, my parents hate me, all my classmates hate me. If it wasn't for Jordan I would have no one."

"You have me." I offered.

"Wow after three years you finally want to act like my sister."

"I'm so sorry Dario. I should have been there for you and I should have been a better sister."

"I got to go." He said and walked away.

What was I going to do?

I met up with Lauren and Rebecca at my locker and walked to lunch.

"I can't believe you are related to that freak." Rebecca said.

"What?" I said shocked.

"Yeah when Aaron told us about how he came out and your parents kicked him out like we were not surprised. I just feel bad that that's who you have as a twin," Lauren said shaking her head.

"You two are sick. That's my brother. How dare you say those things." I snapped.

"Oh so now you care about him?" Rebecca questioned.

"He is my family and I don't care if he is gay or doesn't have a lot of friends. I love him for who he is." I said honestly.

"Wow that was sweet." Lauren chuckled.

"I don't know how I was ever friends with you." I said and stormed away.

I took the empty seat next to my brother and Jordan. They sat in the library during lunch. Every though I had never really tried to hang out with my brother during school I had always known his hereabouts. He sat in the library everyday for lunch since sophomore year after Ryan and Ray knocked his tray of food all over his shirt. He met up with Jordan every morning at the front of the school and walked him to his locker before going to his own locker. He went to the burger place with Jordan after school every Friday to get shakes. I knew my brother better than he thought I did.

"What are you doing here?" Dario asked.

"Trying to right some wrongs." I sighed.

"Why don't you just go back to your fake friends and leave me alone." He shook his head.

"I can't I slapped Aaron and went off on both Lauren and Rebecca."

"Why would you do that?" He asked.

"Because of you."

"You didn't need to do that."

"But I wanted to." I smiled.

"Thanks Del,"

"Aren't you going to introduce me?" I said lightening the mood.

"Delaney, this is my boyfriend, Jordan." He smiled.

"It's good to finally meet you." Jordan grinned.

"Yeah ditto."

I arrived home to my parents arguing.

"He is your son Jerald."

"My gay son."

"Still your son." My mom argued.

"Can't you just give me time to deal with this." He yelled.

"No our son hasn't been home for days and you don't even seem to care." My mom yelled back.

I slowly closed the front door making sure to be quiet so they didn't hear me get home.

"Janet what do you want me to do about it?"

"I think you should talk to him, you two are so much alike." My mother softened.

"We are nothing alike." My father snapped.

"I think we need a fresh start." My mom sighed.

"What are you talking about?"

"I think you should take that job, I can apply to the local hospital there and the kids will get to start over at a new school, put this all behind us."

"I'll make the call." My father nodded walking back towards his office.

I was frozen. We were moving. Maybe this was good for me since I had just lost all my friends but I could help but think about Dario. Yeah he was going through a lot at school but he had a boyfriend and he seemed happy with him.

A/n:

So this chapter shows a lot about the twins. I hope you guys enjoyed this bonus chapter and I will be posting the next and final one tomorrow.

If you want me to do any other bonus chapters in a different characters POV let me know!!

Thank you again for all the support and 100k reads.

~ Cora Leigh