19. Nowhere to be found

Samantha's Pov:

I woke up with some urgency. I hadn't talked to Wes since yesterday, since we kissed and we officially started dating. Part of me was still shocked I had said yes, I was hurt when he rejected me but in the end those feelings didn't just go away.

I regretted sleeping with a guy and making out with Eli but that was all in the past. I was ready to move on and leave that behind me. My phone started to ring and I quickly checked the caller iD. It was a number I didn't recognize but I answered anyway.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Hey Sam it is Tony, Nel called gave me your number," The man said on the other line.

I was confused, I thought for sure Nel would never do this. Why would she contact her dealer for me? I was conflicted, all of it was a lash out due to my heart break but that was over now. However part of me still wanted to go through with this, part of me just wanted to do it once.

"Yeah I was hoping to meet up maybe buy some stuff off you," I continued.

I knew I was making a mistake but I did it anyway. It would be a one time high, one last hurrah before I turn my back on who I used to be.

"Ok I'll text you a time and place."

I hung up before I could change my mind. This was something I wanted to do even if the pain of rejection was no longer there.

--

I walk into first period disappointed that I still have yet to see Wes. I was hoping to see him this morning but he must be running late today.

"Hey Sam, what has got you in such a good mood?" Dario asked.

"Wes, but I still haven't seen him yet," I complained.

"I guess you will have to wait until lunch."

I hated that I had no classes with Wes. I barely got to see him during the day but I would just have to make up for it out of school.

I decided to send him a quick text to tell him that I missed him this morning so I could get my mind off of his absence. I was expecting a reply but I got nothing. The longer it went the more I began to worry, where was Wes?

--

When the bell signaling lunch sounded I practically ran to the cafeteria. I needed to get these horrible thoughts out of my head and just see that Wes is OK. When I got to the table Wes was nowhere to be found. I sat down to wait but as the minutes went by I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. I knew that my nervousness was making my friends uneasy. They were talking to each other in hushed voices and occasionally sending me worried glaces.

I reached for my phone dialing his number and waited for it to be picked up.

"Hello?" A female voice said on the other line.

My heart sank. Why wasn't he answering the phone, my thoughts that something bad happened quickly resurfaced.

"Is Wes there?" I asked.

"Who is this?" She questioned.

"Sam, I was just wondering where he was," I answered.

"Sam? I have heard so much about you. This is Wes' Mom, I wanted to call you but I didn't know how to get a hold of you."

My palms were sweating and I could feel myself shaking. Something happened I could tell by her voice it sounded so broken.

"What is going on? Where is he?" I questioned, my mind racing to places I didn't want it to go.

"There was an accident, he is at Hillsdale."

I could hear her voice breaking, she was on the verge of tears. I knew that meant one thing, he was hurt, badly.

"I'll be there as fast as I can," I promised and jumped out of my chair.

"You make him so happy, Sam." She said before hanging up.

--

I sped all the way there, my heart was racing and my head was pounding. I was hoping this was all just a dream and that I would just wake up and everything would be fine.

My hand shook as I went for the door handle. Hospitals scared me, the sick and dying it was suffocating. I had only been in one once when I was young and my brother had to get his appendix taken out. Walking through the walls made my skin crawl. I did it because I needed to get to Wes and make sure he was ok. I had just got him and now I might lose him, the thought made my stomach turn. I could not lose anyone else, my brother's death was enough to keep me barely holding on, losing Wes would push me over the edge and I didn't think I could ever come back from that.

"Where is he?" I asked in a panic once I reached his mom.

"He just got out of surgery, they are suppose to come back when he can have visitors," She explained.

"What exactly happened?"

"He was on his way to school on his bike and crashed. They said he probably lost control on the turn and he was flung off the bike," Ms. Walker said shakily.

"Why was he riding his bike? He hasn't rode that in awhile?"

"I don't know," She sobbed.

I decided to be quiet because I could tell she was falling apart. I didn't know what to do, how could I make her feel better when I was freaking out too?

I felt like I was suffocating, I didn't know much about what was happening with Wes. I didn't know how bad his injuries were or how the surgery went. I felt trapped and I just needed to get some air. I retreated out of the waiting room and made my way outside. Once I was outside I heard my phone go off.

Tony- Hey I am free... Want to meet me?

This was a mistake but I needed this especially right now.

Sam- Yeah I am at Hillsdale

Tony- meet me in the parking garage in five minutes.

I go to my car and grab my wallet and make my way to the garage. What was I thinking? Meeting with Tony was probably the worst idea I have ever had but for some reason I could not get myself to turn around.

I spotted Tony right away, he was by his car over in the back corner of the garage. I walked right up to him trying to keep my cool. I knew Wes would hate me if he knew what I was doing but I ignored all my thoughts and did it anyway.

"I am going to start you off with just a little bit to try it out but if you need more you know where to find me," He smirked.

"This is just a one time thing," I assured him.

I gave him the money and he slipped me the bag. I looked at the white power contained in the bag and I knew this was exactly what I needed.

"Would you put that away," Tony said harshly.

"Oh right, sorry," I apologized, slipping the bag into my pocket.

"Now get out of here before I get caught," Tony shooed me away.

I listened to him and fled the scene. I walked back to the waiting room to try to comfort Ms. Walker. I could feel the bag burning a hole in my pocket. I wanted to forget, I needed that ability to just feel that high. How bad could it really be?

--

A/N-

I am slowly running out of prewritten chapters and my work load at school has been crazy. I will try to make sure I continue with the every Monday schedule but please understand if I miss a week.

Vote

Comment

Thank you and hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you next Monday!!

Cora Leigh