13. Human shield reporting to duty

Dave Franco as Ethan :)

Samantha Pov-

The single fact that I was going to school today made me want to rip my own hair out. The last thing I wanted to do was see Wes but here I was in my jeep driving to hell and me and the devil did not get along.

I avoided everyone, I had my first two classes with at least one of the dynamic duo but I made sure to avoid all Wes conversation. Third period was my saving grace I had no one in that class, no Wes, no Clare and no crazy set of twins. I sat in the back because I usually slept through this class. The seat next to mine was always empty and I liked it that way. So imagine my disappointment when some guy sits next to me.

"What is with these new kids," I mutter.

"I heard that and i'm not new. I've been in this class all year." Well congrats dude i'll give you a trophy.

"Sorry you're face is pretty forgettable." 

I was done with this school and this town. Wes would always ask why I pretended to be a nerd. Well Mr. Asshole you just answered that question. I needed to get through this year peacefully without getting hurt but of course dreams never come true and everyone gets stuck living their miserable lives.

"I would say I'm offended but you sleep in this class everyday, so i didn't really expect you to know me." This kid was getting on my nerves.

"First of all I don't sleep on this class everyday and secondly why are you sitting next to me?"

"I'm just going to ignore the blatant lie about not sleeping in this class. But i'm sitting here because you were all alone , thought you might need some company." He shrugs.

"Are you lonely dude? Because if you need friends you came to the wrong place."

"I'm Ethan by the way."

"Did I ask?"

"You should try being nicer to people." Ethan says, if that's even his real name.

"Why would I be nice to people if everyone are just stupid assholes that don't give a damn about you." I snap.

"Not everyone are assholes girly. You are stronger than this, you get burned, you got to get right back up. You can't just go around hating the world and everyone in it, it isn't healthy." I may have over reacted but I do not regret a thing. "Ow," I heard Ethan mutter from the floor.

"Ms. Brooks office now." I nod.

"Sorry dude, leg spasm." I smile walking out of the classroom.

Of course I got another week of detention, maybe detention could just be my new home I could get a bed and some food and just live my life.

Walking to lunch was going to be difficult. I knew there would be the possibility of seeing Wes and I really hoped he wouldn't see me. Just like I guessed Wes was there and he was walking in my direction. I started to panic, what does a sane person do? Grab the nearest person and use them as a human shield. And of course the nearest person was none other than Ethan but I did not care I grabbed his shirt and dragged him in front of me.

"You are violent women, I regret sitting with you today." He mutters.

"Stay still you idiot." I say kicking him.

"What exactly is going on?" He asked confused.

"I'm using you as a human shield. Now shield me."

"You are a crazy women."

"You act like I don't already know that."

"Can you let go of me now?" I let go of his shirt and grab his arm.