Bonus Chapter 3: Call me Laney

Laneys POV:

I laid out on the couch. My brother was still not home yet and my parents were off making plans.

The front door swung open and Dario crept in. I was relieved to see him home. I needed to talk to him about what our parents were planning for us.

I followed him up the stairs and slipped into his room.

"Hey Del what's up?"

"It's good to see you home." I smiled.

"Yeah I couldn't stay away forever." He shrugged.

"Mom and Dad will come around." I assured him.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"So I heard mom and dad arguing when I got home."

He dropped his head and stared at his hands.

"About what." He sighed.

"Dad wants to take a job out of town."

I decided to leave out all of the other parts. He had just made his way home the last thing he needed to worry about is the fact our parents were fighting about him and we were moving because of him.

"We are moving?" Dario's shot up to look at me.

"Yeah I'm so sorry Dar. I know that you have Jordan and you seem so happy." I frowned.

"Well actually I don't." He mumbled.

"What?"

"He broke up with me after school."

"I'm so sorry Dar."

He just shrugged and didn't say anything.

"This could be a fresh start for both of us, get away from all of these asshole that go to our school. Leave all this mess behind us. I swear to you Dario that we can start over, you and me against the world." I reached out and took his hand on mine.

He nodded.

"Things will be different this time. I will be the twin that you deserve." I smiled.

"Thank you Del."

"Call me Laney."

"What? Why?" He looked confused.

"Fresh start, new me. Del was this girl that was popular and put that before her own family. It's time to leave her in the past."

"I missed you." He three his arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

It was good to have my twin back.

I sat at the dinner table with my brother and my parents. It was awkward and uncomfortable. The elephant in the room was not only the move but also the news that Dario was gay.

"When are we moving?" I blurted out unable to stand the silence.

"What? How did you know that?" My mom said, shocked.

"I overheard you and dad talking about it." I explained.

I watched as my dad go stiff. He knew what I had overheard. He looked over at Dario for a second before looking down at his food.

"I start work in a week so in a couple days." My dad said not looking up.

It was strange to see him like this, he was always so confident in everything he did. I don't think I ever saw him not make eye contact to the person he was speaking to.

"So I have to go back to school?" I frowned.

"No I will need all the help I can get to pack up this house and get ready for the move." My mother shook her head.

I nodded.

I was glad I didn't have to go back there ever again. How could I have thought that those people were my friends?

"I'm sorry," Dario muttered.

"What are you apologizing for?" My mom asked.

"I feel like this is all my fault." He sighed.

"Nonsense, you have nothing to do with this." My mom assured him.

I knew better though, I had heard my parents arguing about Dar and it was hard to sit here and pretend I didn't.

"I'm going to go to my room." Dario said excising himself from the table.

"You should be ashamed of yourself." I looked straight at my father. "A parent is supposed to love their child no matter what and you can't even do that."

I stood up from my seat and left the table.

I slipped into Dario's room and he was sitting on his bed.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Want to play a round of poker?" I asked.

We used to play all the time before we entered high school. We had always been super close and then I ruined it.

"Sure." He reaches into the drawer next to his bed and pulled out a deck of cards.

"What are the bets?"

"If I win I get to shave your head." Dario laughed.

"No way."

"I thought you were trying to make me feel better." He frowned.

"If I win you have to do all my packing." I said.

"Deal." He gave me a devilish grin.

I was not worried. I always seemed to win at poker, Dario was the easiest to read.

After a couple hands I was getting nervous. Dar has more chips than me and I was looking at my small stack with some serious regret.

When I dealt out the next hand I was beyond happy. I had an ace and a queen.

"All in," I heard my brother say.

I looked at his face and I could tell he was bluffing. Dario may have been winning but that was only because my cards had been trash.

I pushed my chips forward and called his bluff. I flipped over the center cards and I tried to hold my poker face as I saw a queen in the middle.

We both flipped over our hands and I jumped in the air when I saw he had a pair of sixes.

"I win!" I yelled.

"Damnit I really wanted to see what you would look like bald." Dario shook his head.

"You know I love you right?" I asked him sitting next to him on the bed.

"I love you too little sis." He wrapped his arms around me.

"You are barely older than me." I argued.

"I'm still older and smarter and better looking." He taunted.

"You are so not the better looking twin." I pushed him.

"You wish you were as amazing as I am." He laughed.

"Well at least I don't have to do twice as much packing."

"You are the devil you know that?"

I gave him a huge smile. I missed this, I missed just hanging out and joking around with my brother. I hated myself for not being there for him that past couple years but I was going to make it up to him for the rest of my life.

A/n:

And that is the last bonus chapter. I want to thank everyone for taking the time and reading my story, it means a lot. I have worked so hard to get this story the way I want and be able to put my ideas into words.

If you want any other bonus chapters from any other characters just let me know.

Comment, vote

~Cora Leigh