23. All hands on Deck

Samantha's POV:

I was banging on her door like a mad women. It seemed to take years before someone answered the door but I knew it had been less than a minute. I was dressed in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt, I knew my hair was a mess and my eyes were red and puffy from crying.

The door swung open to reveal the person I was looking for.

"Why did you do it?" I yelled angrily.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Why did you give my number to Tony?" I demanded."

"I was letting you make your own decisions Sam. I just hoped you would make the right one," Nel explained.

"Well you ruined my life, so thank you."

"Well that's what drugs do, they ruin your life. I learned that the hard way and now so have you."

"Babe, who is at the door," Hunter called out, making his way over.

Fan-fucking- tastic. I almost forgot about that demon spawn.

"Well if it isn't my favorite whore," He chuckled.

"I will castrate you," I threatened.

"Sam don't blame me for your own mistakes. This is all on you so I just suggest you leave and don't bother coming back," Nel interrupted.

I stormed away from the two people I hated most in the world. Nel was wrong I could blame her for all of this and that was exactly what I planned on doing. It was easier to just blame someone else, it was my only way of grieving. I did it to my parents when my brother died and now I am doing it to Nel. Losing Wes was a lot different than losing my brother because with Wes I had a chance of getting him back.

I was going to make a plan, but in order to do that I needed all hands on deck. I needed both twins and Ethan to be able to find my way out of this mess.

Dario and Laney got to my house first, I ignored their worried glances as I waited for Ethan to show up.

"Sam, we were both so worried about you when you didn't show up to school yesterday," Dario said.

I felt stupid for skipping school but I just needed time, I have a three day weekend and I was not complaining.

"I will explain everything once Ethan gets here."

--

Having all three of them in my house was weird. They were all being quiet and giving me concerning looks. I expected this from the twins but not from Ethan, Laney was definitely corrupting him.

"What is going on?" Delaney asked.

"I need your help."

"Does this have to do with Wes because he was acting very strange yesterday." Ethan chimed in.

"Yes it has everything to do with Wes, we broke up," I explained.

"What?" Laney screeched.

"Yeah he dumped me but I need your help to try and get him back."

"I am going to kill him," Delaney muttered.

"Calm down sis we don't even know what happened," Dario tried to reason.

"Why did he end things?" Ethan questioned.

"He found drugs in my room but its fine I flushed them down the toilet after he left."

"You have a drug problem?" Laney yelled.

"No I just bought the drugs, never used them."

"I am so confused can you just explain everything without being all cryptic." Dario sighed.

And that was exactly what I did. I told them everything from Nel giving Tony my number to me skipping school to confront her about it.

"What were you thinking buying drugs?" Laney said.

"I was stupid I just need to come up with a plan and get Wes back."

"No, no more plans or anything. Wes needs time and you can't push him, this is personal for him so you can't go and push yourself back into his life unless he is ready. This is all on him, he decides when he is ready to open back up to you. Sorry Sams but there is nothing we can do to help you on this one," Dario explained.

"What? No I can't lose him there has to be something I can do."

"You can stay away from drugs and Tony. You just got to show Wes you aren't the same as his dad," Ethan spoke.

"You are right I just got to get myself together and show Wes I am not going to hurt him again."

--

My weekend was terrible I just curled up in bed. I was in denial when I had my friends over, I didn't believe me and Wes were actually over. But they snapped me back to reality and now I am broken. Wes was never going to forgive me, he got hurt by his dad once and he was not going to stick around long enough to be hurt again. I wish I could go back and change things but I can't. I had to live with the mistakes I made.

I was going to school for the first time since Wes dumped me. I wondered if he would sit at the lunch table or if he would just avoid me and my friends. It was hard because they weren't just my friends they were also his.

Walking through the doors scared me, I didn't know what was waiting for me on the other side. I was not surprised when it was just like every other day and kids were shuffling around heading to class. I didn't know what I was expecting, maybe for Clare to laugh in my face for being a screw up.

I slipped into my first period class with my two least favorite people, Clare and Eli.

"Samantha, I missed you on Friday, spend the day with your friend Tony?" Clare laughed when I walked in.

"Keep talking Clare and i'll bash your face in," I snapped.

"And then have the whole school find out about your drug problem?" She said loudly. "Opps did I say that out loud?"

I could hear people start whispering about the druggie maniac Samantha. I knew what they would think, what they would say about me. I already had the label of slut after the whole Eli thing and now being a drug addict couldn't be helping my image.

"You're a bitch," I muttered.

"Well at least I am a bitch with friends."

All I wanted to do was punch her in the face but I was trying to get my act together. I wanted to be the better person for Wes and my parents. I knew that I was not an easy kid to parent so getting suspended was the last thing I wanted to do to them.

"You wish you had real friends, people just use you to be popular."

"Well at least my boyfriend didn't dump me."

I tried to calm myself down and resist the urge to bash her face in but nothing worked. I slammed my fist into her nose and when I pulled back all I saw was blood. It was streaming out her nose, I didn't mean to hit her that hard.

I heard Clare scream like a banshee at the sight of her face. No one spoke a word and I looked up just in time to see Dario walking in. His jaw dropped to second he saw the scene before him. He was shocked just like the rest of the class.

It was no surprise when I ended up back in Mr. Goldberg's office with a week suspension and a month of detention. I tried so hard to get myself together and clean up my act but Clare knew how to push my buttons.

I saw Wes when I was walking out of the school. I wanted to say something but I didn't know what to say. I was trying to listen to my friends and give him space but it was hard.

"How bad?" Wes asked.

It took me a second to register that he was talking to me.

"I got suspended for the rest of the week and then I got detention for a month after that," I answered.

"Could have been worse."

"I'm sorry Wes."

I wasn't just apologizing for the drugs, I was apologizing for not being to girl he needed and for letting him down.

"I know," He said before walking away.