25. Never want to let you go

Samantha's POV-

Wes and I have not really talked since the kiss yesterday. I was hoping that I would have seen him yesterday and I would have approached him after school if I didn't have detention. But today was a new day and I was planning on seeing him at lunch and hopefully getting him alone so we could talk.

When the bell signaling lunch went off I could barely contain myself. I needed to speak to Wes. I hurried out the classroom and tried to navigate down the hallway. I was almost to the cafe when I got pulled in the staircase. I had assumed it was Wes but when I looked up I was sadly mistaken.

"What the fuck?" I snapped.

"Missed me?" He smirked.

"If I never see you again it will be too soon, when will you get the hint I never want to see you again?" I yelled.

"Come on you know you want me," Eli whispered into my ear pressing himself against me.

"Get the fuck off me," I tried to push him away but he wouldn't move.

"You are so beautiful I have to make you mine" he wrapped his arms around me pulling me even closer.

I kept trying to get away from him but the more I struggled the tighter his grasp became.

"I never want to let you go," he leaned forward kissing my neck.

"Stop get off me," I yelled.

Suddenly he was yanked back letting me get away from his nasty embrace.

I watch as Wes throws him against the wall punching him over and over again. I didn't want Wes to get in trouble for fighting but Eli deserved this. I stood back and watched the scene before me. Wes backed up letting Eli slump to the floor, he face was bloody but he deserved much worse for what he did.

"Thank you," I said once Wes looked at me.

"He deserved it," he said angrily.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

We went outside by tree in silence. I had wanted to talk to him but I wasn't quite sure where to start.

"It was a mistake" I started.

"What?" He looked at me curiously.

"That day by the lockers I was hurt and I wanted to hurt you for saying no to me that night."

"Sam I understand. I'm not mad about that. When did he start bothering you like that?" He asked.

"Ever since the day at the lockers he just wouldn't leave me alone, I thought I could handle it but he was wouldn't stop."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well at first I didn't want to bring him up, we never really talked about that day so I figured it was better to leave it alone and then i had kept it from you too long and I got used to lying to you about it."

"You need to stop keeping things from me Sam. You have to trust me in order for this to work," he sighed.

"I do trust you and I promise no more lying and no more secrets."

"Good because I miss you so much Sam," he leaned in kissing me.

It was a quick kiss but it still made my heart start to race. I wanted him back so badly.

"Sam can we get back together? Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course, I missed you so much."

We both walked into lunch very late. It was almost over when he sat down next to each other at our usual table. The second we both walked in all of our friend stared at us in anticipation. They wanted to know what happened. Our relationship was one huge roller coaster and they were along for the ride.

"We are back together." Wes blurred out.

"Omg! I knew it! You guys are like meant to be" Laney squealed.

"Laney take a chill pill you are getting too worked up." I laughed.

"We all have had to watch you two screw up constantly and then watch as you both mope around like it's exhausting. I swear to god if either of you ruin this I will freak out." Laney explained.

"I think what she means to say is that she is happy you guys worked things out." Ethan intervened.

Laney sent a quick glare towards her boyfriend. And then nods.

"Yeah I'm happy for you guys." She smiled.

Wes met me outside my class at the end of the day.

"You know I have detention right?" I asked.

"Yeah I know," he leans down kissing me.

"Wes come on I got to go I can't skip." I smiled.

He made me so happy. How could I be this happy with a boy. I never saw myself as a relationship person but Wes has made me see how amazing it is to give your whole self to someone. Being in love is so much better than one night stands and random hook ups.

"We have yet to go out on a proper date." He said walking with me.

"Yeah that's kinda sad all of this and we still haven't gone on a single date."

"How about Friday night at 7?" He smiled at me.

I broke out into a huge smile.

"I think that is prefect." I give him one last time before turning into detention.

I turn around to see him following me into the room.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"I have detention," he laughed.

"What did you do this time?"

"Can I tell you a secret?" He whispered to me.

"Always."

"I got detention on purpose."

I can't help but laugh.

"And I beat some stupid guy up for trying to get with my girl but it was really a favor because now I get to keep her company in detention everyday."

"You are the biggest idiot." I slapped his arm.

"I'm your idiot." He winked.

Laney was right. Me and Wes were meant to be. I was not going to screw it up this time. No more secrets. I felt like I could tell him anything, I was so scared before because I didn't want to lose him but I know that if I'm not open with him I will lose him for good. Lying never helped us and it would stop from here on out.

A/n-
There are only a couple chapters left. I'm sorry that I took a long break but I did a couple of updates right in a row to get some new chapters out there. I want to finish this story so I'll be posting the last couple chapters soon!! I hope you enjoyed this story.

- cora Leigh