18. the biggest idiot

Samantha's Pov:

I woke up with a pounding headache. I really should not have drank that much the night before. I went to get up and I realized I wasn't in my room. I turned over to see a guy passed out next to me. The memories from last night come flooding back, the drinking and the mystery guy. I crawled out of the bed put on my clothes and raced out the door before he had the opportunity to wake up.

Being rejected sucks but I was moving on. I honestly didn't care anymore, Wes meant nothing to me.

I didn't even know where I was going until I found myself outside Nel's building.

She opened the door right away, I could see the shock in her eyes when she saw it was me.

"Sam, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Do you have any stuff on you?"

I knew she was clean but when it came to Nel you could never be sure.

"I'm clean now Sam, have been for awhile. I don't know what is going on with you but I know from experience, drugs are not the answer."

I knew she was right, it was a moment of weakness. However part of me didn't want to just walk away, I wanted the high, that feeling only drugs could give me.

"Can I just get Tony's number then?"

"Sam I think you should leave."

I stormed away from her, going back out to my car. If only Trevor could see me now, it would have killed him all over again.

I knew I would never get anything from Nel and I didn't know who else to go to. I would have to get my distractions from somewhere else.

--

The fact that I had school today made me want skip and just drink my life away. However I knew I had to at least show up, the twins and the human shield would be more annoying than usual if I didn't.

I was standing at my locker when I guy I vaguely recognized walked up to me.

"Hey Sam."

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"Eli, I'm in your first period class," He smiled.

"I never noticed you before."

"That is probably because you are too busy punching Clare," Eli laughed.

"Hope that didn't scare you away," I joked.

"No I thought it was hot, I like my girls with some fight in them," He winked.

I noticed Wes walking in my direction and I smiled, deciding to have some fun.

"Well I've got plenty of fight."

I grabbed the back of his neck and planted my lips on his. He reacted quickly and snaked his hands around my waist. My finger laced through his dark brown hair and I got lost in the kiss. I had to pull away to get some air and when I did, I locked eyes with Wes who was staring at the scene. I couldn't help but smile as I saw the anger and hurt in his eyes. That was what he got for letting me go. I grabbed Eli and pulled him into another kiss.

Me and Eli walked in twenty minutes late to first period. We had moved from the lockers to an empty classroom when first period started. He was my distraction, my boy toy. I had reverted back to my old ways, running from my feelings.

"What is going on with you? Do you like Eli now or something?" Dario asked.

"I'm just having some fun Dar," I smiled.