20. What is with all the stalking?

Samantha's Pov-

The doctor walked out to tell us that Wes could have visitors. We were told not to over whelm him so we decided to go one at a time. I let his mom go in first, I didn't know if I could really handle seeing him like this.

After about an hour Ms. Walker walked back out into the waiting room.

"He is asking about you," She smiled.

"I guess that is my cue," I said and walked into the room.

The first thing I saw were the machines, no one could have prepared me for the sight before me. He was awake but there was a constant beeping from the heart monitor and wires and tubes were hooked up to him. He looked so vulnerable and weak.

I collapsed at his side grabbing his arm, I hadn't cried yet but seeing him like this caused me to fall apart.

"Hey Sammie," He whispered.

"Wes," I smiled.

Hearing his voice made everything better. I felt myself slowly regaining my composure, Wes was going to be okay. I forgot about Tony and the little bag of white powder burning a hole in my pocket. Just seeing Wes alive made me forget about all the bad for at least a little longer.

"What is wrong with you? Do you not listen to a single thing I say? I told you that bike was a death trap but what did you do? You continued to ride it. I thought I was going to lose you," I snapped.

This situation brought back memories from getting told my brother had been shot. I hated the feeling of not being in control and not being able to help. I felt so helpless when Wes was in surgery, I felt like there was nothing I could do.

"I am sorry I scared you. You aren't going to lose me Sam, I am going to be fine," He assured me.

---

The next day:

I was going to school today, I felt like crap because I had stayed the night in the hospital with Wes. I wanted to stay with him but he forced me to go to school. I didn't want to leave him but he was very stubborn. The twins had stopped by last night to see Wes and even Ethan popped in to see how Wes was doing.

The second I walked into the front dorrs of the school someone rammed into me. Let's jut say I was not surprised to see Clare smiling at me.

"Sorry Sam, didn't see you there," Clare smiled.

"I bet you didn't," I said sarcastically.

"I wouldn't take that tone with me Sammie," She threatened.

Clare always thinks she is scary and that her empty threats actually mean something.

"Clare what are you going to do? I am so sick of your empty threats," I snapped.

"Sam, I know more than you think."

"What could you possibly know?"

"About your meet up with Tony," She smiled.

How? How could she know about that?

"I don't know what you are talking about," I panicked.

"Don't act stupid, I saw you guys. I was going to the hospital to drop off my mom's lunch and I saw you sneaking off to the garage and I followed you."

"You stalked me?"

"No, I was just using the opportunity to finally get the proof I need to show the school the piece of trash you really are."

"Why do you hate me Clare?"

"You were supposed to be a nobody but then all of a sudden guys are staring at you and not me and Wes won't even give me the time of day. It is all your fault, you took everything away from me," She snapped.

"Clare I did nothing to you, I am sorry you are so mad that you can't get all the attention all the time."

"You better watch your mouth Sam," She yelled.

"And I would keep yours shut Clare," I threatened.

I stormed off, I could feel the anger start taking over. I wanted to bash her face in but I couldn't let her tell anyone about my meet up with Tony. If my friends found out, if Wes found out it would crush me. I knew that everyone would be mad at me for setting up that meeting with Tony.

--

I was nervous all day for the ball to drop. Clare could spill my secret whenever she felt like it. She didn't know that I have yet to even open the little bag. I had stuffed it into the drawer next to my bed. With everything happening with Wes I haven't had the time to even think about the drugs. Doing cocaine took a little more thought then some of my other impulsive decisions.

"Hey Sam," Dario called out to me.

"Hey Dar, Whats up?"

"I wanted to thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"I know you were trying to play matchmaker for me before the whole Wes stuff happened. I wanted to let you know I appreciate your efforts."

"Yeah but I haven't succeeded yet," I said.

"Yeah and you will stop trying and just let me figure everything out on my own."

I didn't want to listen because I wanted him to be happy and find someone. He mentioned that the people from his old school weren't very excepting of him. I wanted to prove to him that this school was different.

"I just want you to be happy Dar."

"And I thank you for trying to help but I think I can handle my own love life," Dar stated.

"I'll back off, I promise."

"Sam how are you doing? I know it's got to be tough with Wes in the hospital."

"Wes is better, so I'm better. I think if he was still in really bad shape it would be different but he is in recovery," I explained.

"I'm glad he's doing better," Dar smiled.

"Yeah his mom has been texting me updates."

"That's great, I'll see you later Sam," Dario smiled, walking off to his car.

I walk to my own car and headed home. I wanted to stop by and grab some clothes and stuff before I go back to the hospital.

My phone went off once I parked in my driveway. It was Wes' mom.

Ms. Walker- hey Sam just wanted to let you know Wes is able to go home on Sunday.

I was so ecstatic, Wes was going to be fine and I could stop worrying. I just had to get through Friday and Saturday and then I would get to have Wes back.

--

A/N-

Sorry this chapter was not quite as exciting but filler chapters have to happen. The next couple chapters will be more exciting.

Thank you for taking the time to read this story!

Comment

Vote

- Cora Leigh