10. Halloween

Samantha pov- 

Today was my least favorite day ever. Halloween. It has been exactly one week since the chair incident and I have been on my best behavior. I got into no more fights and threatened no one with chairs. Things with me and Wes have been up and down but when are they not?

I drive into school in my blue jeep and try to ignore all the decorations I see on the way in. I walked into first period also ignoring the excited whispers of some party that was definitely happening tonight. A party which I would not be going to. I felt my phone buzz meaning I got a text.

Nel- Hey if you want to talk, I am here. We can have a movie marathon at my place if you want I'll ditch my party with my new man just for you :)

Me- No you go have fun I'll be fine

Nel- Ok call me if you need anything 

I sat down next to Dar who seemed just as excited as everyone else for this awful day. 

"Happy Halloween Sam." He says.

"Fuck off Dar." I say angrily. 

"Quit being cranky, its Halloween and we are going to a party."

"I'm not going to any party Dar."

"What? You have to go" 

"No I don't." 

--- 

Period after period people kept talking about the stupid holiday. I really wish I was home, I should have stayed home. 

"Sam says she isn't going to the party tonight." Dario says at lunch. 

"What? No you have to go!" Delaney freaks.

"I don't have to do anything."

"Why don't you want to go?" Dario asks.

"I hate Halloween."

"What who hates Halloween?" Delaney yells.

"Me?"

"Come on please don't leave me with these idiots." Delaney groans.

"I never said I was going to this stupid party." Wes interjects. 

"What your not going either?" Delaney was being very over dramatic per usual.

"Sorry Del Halloween is not my thing." Wes shrugs.

"Hot chicks throwing themselves at you in slutty outfits isn't your thing?" Delaney questions and Wes just shrugs. "You two are so lame." 

I decided to skip the rest of the day, so I went to the store and bought my supplies for the night. 

- Two tall cans of raspberry Arizona Iced tea

-A half gallon of coffee ice cream

-a DVD of both Dark Knight movies

After my supplies run a went home and changed into my outfit for the night, One of my brothers old t shirts and my red leather jacket. 

--

Wes Pov- 

I was surprised when I saw that Sam wasn't in any of her classes. I waited for her after the last bell but she wasn't there. She must of left early. She definitely seemed off today but she wouldn't say why, I was worried about her. I went to the store after school and bought some candy and other junk food and then went back to my house. I raided my movie stack and pulled put some of my favorite ones. I had a mission and I was going to cheer Sam up. 

--

I hesitated in front of her door, what if she wanted to be alone? Crap. I had to go for it. I knocked on the door and waited, memories of the last time i came over clouded my brain. I hope she doesn't slam the door in my face again. 

The door swings open and Sam is there in front of me. The first thing I notice is her eyes, they are red and puffy as if shes been crying. The second thing I notice is what she is wearing, a very large t shirt and a red leather jacket, It was an odd ensemble but I didn't question it. 

"I have movies and snacks," I say smiling. She moves aside letting me in but still not saying a single word. I wanted to pull her into my arms and just comfort her because she looked so broken. I had never seen her quite like this. It was strange.  I follow her into her living room where there are cans of Arizona, a tub of coffee ice cream and the Dark Knight is playing on the TV. 

She sits down on the ground next to the ice cream still not speaking. I join her on the floor in silence. After a couple minutes of silence and watching the movie i look over at her and notices fresh tears running down her face. My heart was breaking, I couldn't stop myself from wrapping my arm around her and pulling her into my chest as she let out silent tears. 

"Wes." she finally spoke.

"Yea?"

"Thank you." She was so silent so vulnerable. I had never seen her like this. 

"Anytime Sammie," I felt her tense up, but slowly relax back into my arms. 

"My brother used to call me that," She said quietly. "He was my best friend," I couldn't help but  notice the past tense and my heart broke all over for her. I couldn't even imagine what it must be like for her to have lost her brother. 

"You don't have to talk about it ok?" I assured her.

"No I want to, He joined the army after High School after my parents cut him off. He wanted to go to college first but when he told my parents his end goal was the army my mom didn't approve and refused to give him any money that would support that dream. She thought that he would change his mind but instead he joined sooner. It crushed her, she had lost her dad in the army and didn't want to lose her son too. Last year on Halloween I went out to this stupid party and while I was partying and having fun my brother was out being shot. A man showed up the next day at our door step to break the news." I pulled her closer to me and now had both arms around her. I couldn't deny the feelings I had for this girl any longer, I was falling for her and I could only hope she felt the same for me. 

"I can't even imagine what you are going through Samm- shit I've been calling you Sammie this whole time even when you told me not to. I'm so sorry I'm an ass."

"No I like when you call me that." And I could almost see the faintest smile appear on her face. 

--

A/N-

AWWW They are so cute :)

Sorry this chapter is so short......

-Cora Leigh :)