26. Best night ever

Wes' POV-

Tomorrow would be me and Samantha's first date I had already planned it. There was going to be a screening of Psycho at the cinema in the next town over and then I was going to take her to the diner right next door. I knew she would love the diner. I used to go with my mom every Friday but when my dad left it was harder to find time to go and we started going less and less often. I never blamed my mom for how busy she got because I knew that with my dad gone it left her no choice but to work even more shifts than she already was.

Sam had somehow agreed to let me pick me up on the mornings to drive her to school. I knew how much she loved her Jeep but I think she liked to spend that extra time with me.

I pulled up to the front of her house just as she came racing out the door. She hopped into my car and I pulled away from her house.

"Morning Sammie," I said as she situated herself into the seat.

"Morning Weston," she teased.

"I will forever regret telling you that." I laughed.

I tended to laugh more around her than I did anyone else. She brought out the best in me and I loved it.

"Oh I have an amazing plan." She blurted out.

"Oh no Sam please no more plans. Can't we just be together without any schemes or plans."

"Weston don't you want our friends to be happy?"

"I think they are perfectly happy right now, we don't need to get involved in their lives."

"What about Dar? I want to find someone for him." She said.

"Didn't he tell you that he didn't want to play match maker for him?" I questioned.

"Yeah but Laney and Ethan have each other and now we are back together and he is fifth wheeling. Don't you want six wheels?"

"If he wants someone I think he is a big boy and he can handle is own life." I tried to convince her to leave our friend alone.

"No schemes but I'm going to try talking to him again."

"You are too much." I laughed.

We pulled up to the school and we both got out of the car. I slipped my hand into hers and walk into the school with her right by my side.

I had to go to my locker so I walked her to hers and then kissed her goodbye and parted ways.

"No scheming," I yelled back to her right before I turn to go go upstairs. I heard her laugh as the door closed behind me. I wanted to spend my whole day with her. I hated not having classes with her.

I saw Dario ahead of me going to his own locker and sped up to catch up with him.

"Hey Dar," I greeted him.

"Hey Wes, how are you and Sam?" He asked.

"We are good, speaking of Sam I'd be on the look out she is planning and is back on the idea that she wants to find you someone." I gave him a heads up.

"Jeez, when will she let that go? Your girl is a crazy person sometimes."

"Good luck man," I laughed.

I hurried to open my locker not wanting to be late.

Sam's POV-

I walked into first period and sat next to Dario.

"Don't even think about it," he said without even a hello.