Rage

It's been a couple months into Arthur's reign, and all has been well. Some sorcerers have successfully assimilated into Camelot, and Leon was properly dealt with by having his knight rank taken away, and banished from the city. Merlin did feel sad that Leon had to leave, but he knew it was for the safety of other sorcerers and druids. Arthur had finally finished the piles of paperwork he had in his desk, and he was able to spread the new edicts throughout the land. Every village had a knight whom told them about the new edicts, and punishments. Merlin was currently walking around the market, buying some food from the vendors.

He had a basket full of food, and the day was going by normally. The sky was extremely cloudy, and the sun did not show. The cold weather had picked up a lot, so the farmers were eager to sell their food before it spoiled. A gust of wind blew, and Merlin felt extremely cold. He finished paying, and rushed back inside to bring Gaius the food. It has been awhile since he talked to Gaius.

"Hello Gaius. I just wanted to bring you some food." Merlin said as he walked in. He saw Gaius taking a break in a chair.

"Oh thank you Merlin. You can set those to the side." Gaius thanked. Merlin pulled up a chair to sit with him.

"Are you feeling alright Gaius? You look a little weary." Merlin asked.

"It's nothing. Just the cold season doesn't do anything positive for an old person like myself. I had Don go and deliver all the potions. I just needed to take a break." Gaius said. Merlin nodded.

"Have you taken a tonic? Or tried some invigoration spells?" Merlin asked. Gaius shook his head.

"You have to understand that it has taken me awhile to hone my magic abilities once more. That night I woke you up with a spell was just spurted out energy. I just need to practice some more until I can do alchemy." Gaius explained. Merlin nodded. He pulled out his pocket magic book from his old room, and brought it to the table. He liked to keep it there just in case. Merlin found some potions listed, and he started to make one for Gaius.

It was like a basic caffeine potion, with an added spell to make it last a day. Merlin handed it to Gaius, and he drank the disgusting liquid.

"Thank you Merlin." Gaius thanked. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." Merlin said. In walked a face that Merlin had not seen in a very long time. There stood a tan man, with dark hair, and an unforgettable smile. The last time he had seen him was when Merlin failed to make him a knight, and had to watch him leave.

"Lancelot!" Merlin exclaimed as he scrambled to hug him.

"Merlin! It's so good to see you!" Lancelot exclaimed happily. They hugged, but Lancelot separated.

"And what is with the all black fancy clothing? A little dated, but it looks nice." Lancelot asked.

"I have become a lord. And I am no longer Arthur's servant, but his second in command since he has no children." Merlin told him happily. Lancelot did notice a lot. For one, Merlin had a large scar on his neck, and the scars that used to peek out of his shirts no longer were there. And Merlin altogether looked less skinny, and his hair was longer.

"You have changed so much, I can't believe it. We have so much to catch up on." Lancelot said. Merlin agreed. Merlin said goodbye to Gaius since he had started to work again, and the two took a walk around the city. Merlin channeled some magic to keep the two of them warm as they walked.

"So where have you been living this whole time?" Merlin asked.

"In Cendred's kingdom. I have heard some rumors about the place. And since I have finally generated enough money to come here, I thought I would visit you." Lancelot explained.