Chapter 2

Emilie POV
     I was standing in front of these three groups of people. One group has nothing but girls the other group was the same but with boys instead and in the back, there is a group full of adults. I walk among the three groups and notice something, they all look completely terrified.
     I turn back around and see this weird looking lady on stage she's smiling and has this crazy looking hairstyle along with the weirdest dress I've ever seen. She starts speaking into the microphone in front of her but I can't hear anything. I look around to see if anyone else is having the same problem but it doesn't seem like it. That's when I notice these men wearing white helmets and an all-white uniform surrounding everyone and I instantly got an uneasy feeling just by looking at them.
     I turn back around to the lady and I see her walking away from the microphone and heading straight towards a large bowl that's holding folded pieces of paper. She put her hand in and grabs a one at random.
She walks back to the microphone and starts unfolding the piece of paper I don't know why but I felt nothing but was fear. The lady finally opened the piece of paper and this time I was able to hear her loud and clear.
"Emilie Martinez"
     I don't know why but I felt a tightness in my chest and I felt like I was going to throw up at any second. I start to frantically look around until finally, my eyes stopped on a group of soldiers surrounding a little girl that looked to be no older than 14 years old.   She had long dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail and green eyes with light olive skin. She looked like she was about to break down and cry any second now but not only that she also felt familiar like I knew her somehow.
Now that I think about it all of this felt familiar. I couldn't breathe anymore I was terrified by this point that I don't even notice that I collapsed on the floor crying. The lady then goes over to the bowl on the other side and picks a piece of paper at random. She then does the same exact thing and speaks out loud and clear.
"Zenith Baldwin" When I heard that name I could tell I lost all the color on my face.
     I looked back and saw a group of soldiers that surrounded an even younger kid he looked like he was only 12 years old he had blond curly hair and blue eyes. I was terrified I don't know why but I was. I started crying even more and nodding my head back and forth.
"No" I whisper quietly so that only I could hear. The two kids now face each other and shake hands the woman now places a hand on their shoulders and smiles.
"Ladies and gentlemen our tributes from District 10."
"No" I spoke louder this time but the woman just kept smiling as if she didn't hear me as if nothing was wrong. She then looks directly at me and says the most terrifying words I could ever think of.
"Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor."
"NO!!!NO!!!NO!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"
I tried to get up and move I wanted to get them out of here more than anything but I couldn't, I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried it was like I was stuck in place. Finally, the lady started to head straight towards the doors behind her followed the two children. I started crying more and more I couldn't help myself I buried my face in my hands and started praying that something anything to happen. I didn't care what it was just as long as it stops those two from disappearing behind those doors.
-------
I finally wake up screaming I look around frantically and I finally realize that I'm back in the Slammer I was so relieved to be here that I almost didn't notice Newt and where I was sitting.
I was sitting on his lap him holding me tight and rocking me back and forth. I realize that I was crying he seems to have noticed that I woke up and gently pushes me away a bit to get a good look at me.
"Hey calm down it's me. Don't worry your alright no one is going to hurt you I won't let them I promise."
I didn't say anything I just nodded and buried my face into his chest. Newt kissed the top of my head and held me tight rocking me back and forth trying to calm me down. We stayed like that for a while in silence neither of us saying anything until Newt finally spoke up.
"You want to talk about it love? If you do then I'm all ears."
"I would but I can't remember any of it"
"That's probably for the best then." After a few more moments I gently push him away and stand up and then I help Newt up it wasn't until then when I notice he had a giant band-aid on his forehead. I suddenly felt guilty for what I did to him he must have realized what I was thinking and just smiled at me.
"You don't have to worry about this love. Besides I'm more upset that it won't leave a scar"
"Why?"
"Because you and I won't be matching"
"Huh?" I quickly touch my forehead to try to feel my scar but I couldn't feel it anywhere.
"Here let me help you"
Newt gently grabs my hand and places it right over my right eyebrow. Then he lets go of my hand I don't know why but I felt a little sad when he let go. But anyways you can definitely tell that there is a scar there. I wonder how I got it, but for some reason, I got an uneasy feeling by just thinking it, even though it's a small scar I'm scared to find out how I got it.
"Alright come on Greenie."
"Can you please stop calling me that?"
"Sure just tell me your name and I'll stop."
There was a moment where I ended up looking into a distance and then it suddenly hit me. My name I remember my name.
"My name is Emilie"
Newt smiles and looks at me with his kind loving eyes.
"Emilie. That's a beautiful name"