Chapter 7

Emilie POV
   The sunlight shining on my face caused me to wake up. When I finally opened my eyes I saw how close me and Newt were. We were only a few centimeters away from eachother and any closer and our noses would be touching and not only that he was holding me by my waste. I could feel myself blushing by how close we are and I finally remembered how we kissed and how we told how we feel about each other.
   I'm really happy but I'm also embarrassed I can't believe we actually kissed. I cover my face with my hands trying to stop myself from blushing any more. When I finally take my hands off my face and look at Newt. I realize that he's really cute when he's asleep. Without even thinking about it I run my hands through his beautiful soft sandy hair. I keep doing this until Newt starts to wake up he slowly opens his eyes and smiles at me that's when I immediately stop what I'm doing.
"S-sorry did I wake you up?"
"No don't be. Keep doing that I like it feels nice"
   Before I can say or do anything else Newt tightens his grip around me and rest his head on the crook of my neck. Feeling his hot breath on me and how close he's holding me I can't help but blush. We just stayed like that for a while just holding each other. It felt like we were the only two people in the world. I wished we could just stay like this for a while longer but Newt had to go and see the runners go into the maze.
   I didn't want him to go but he was second in command and it was one of the many duties he had to fulfill. After Newt left is when I started getting ready for the day as well. Thankfully after my first few days here the creators sent me some clothes and a pair of shoes so that I didn't have to wear anymore oversized clothes. I put on a green mid sleeve shirt and blue jeans after that I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail. I then go and wait in line to get breakfast. When it's my turn Frypan greets me.
"Morning Greenie"
"Morning Frypan"
"Nervous on your first day as an official slicer?"
"Yeah to be honest it's actually a bit nerve wracking"
"Don't worry you'll do great and if you need anyone to talk to I'm your guy"
I smile at him.
"Thanks Frypan I really appreciate it"
"Your welcome" He then hands me my plate of food and I look around for Newt. I don't see him anywhere but luckily I do see Chuck and I go over and sit with him. We eat and talk until it's time for us to go and do our jobs.
At first I was a nervous that I would have a repeat of what happened last time. But to my relief nothing of the sort happened in fact we didn't butcher any of the animals today. All I had to do today was feed them and clean up their pens. I basically just took care of the animals today and as strange as it sounds it all felt familiar.
   The day was passing by rather quickly and before I knew it, it was already lunch time. I quickly went to go grab my lunch I looked around to see if Newt or Chuck were around. Sadly I couldn't find either of them I also felt a bit uncomfortable being surrounded by all of these guys.
   I decided to eat in the deadheads. As soon as I'm finished I realize I still have some time left over before I go back to work. So I decided to walk around a bit since I've never really been here before. I was having a nice and peaceful walk until someone suddenly put their hand on my shoulder and without thinking I grabbed them and flipped them over my shoulder. It wasn't until the person hit the ground that I realized what I did and who it was.
"Newt! Oh man I'm so sorry. I-I didn't..." I didn't know what to say I just flipped the guy I'm in love with and all of a sudden he starts laughing.
"Newt are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine" He sits up and smiles at me.
"Where in the world did you learn how to do that?"
"I don't know it was just instinct."
Newts POV
     I came over here to the dead heads to look for Emilie but I didn't expect for her to flip me like that. I admit I was surprised but it was also quite funny. I was laughing when she held up both her hands towards me. I give her a confused look.
"Aren't you going to take me to the Slammer?"
"Now why would I do that?"
"Because I broke one of the three rules. Never hurt another glader"
Now I have another reason to love her. If it were any other of the shanks here they would probably be trying to make up some excuse to get out of it.
"But it wasn't on purpose besides you were just defending yourself"
"But still"
"Alright how about I give your punishment"
"Okay go ahead"
"Alright for your punishment you have to kiss me like you did last night" She blushes at this.
"Th-that isn't a punishment"
"Says who?"
"..."
"Yup that's what I thought now come on"
"Alright fine but can you please close your eyes" I oblige to her and close my eyes. She rests her hands on both my shoulders and I can feel her coming close towards me until our lips finally touch. I snake my arms around her waste and hold her close to me. I never once considered this place home I always felt miserable here but now that she's here for once I'm actually happy.

A/N hey it's me!!! Sorry it took so long for me to update and also that it's just a filler. I had a bit of writers block. Also if you have some suggestions I'll be more than happy to hear them you can either leave them in the comments or just pm me what ever makes you more comfortable also and thank you for the support ❤️❤️❤️