~|Chapter 4|~

[Edited]

Kim's (Anticipation's) POV

I quickly eat my bacon, blocking out Rebecca's talking. When I finish eating, everyone has too. I put my plate in the sink, allowing Delta (Gene told us to call him that when the food was finished) and Rachel to wash dishes. I went to get my backpack and after everyone was ready, we all got in Gene's car.

Genevieve and Rebecca are at the front, Delilah and I in the middle, Delta and Genevieve are in the back. Delilah and I were never really close, so we just stare out the window as Rachel drove to school, blabbering with Rebecca about who-knows-what.

We arrive at school, with me half asleep. That was the most boring thing I have ever done in my entire life.

I check my phone. There are 10 minutes left until the first bell. Genevieve parks her car and I immediately get out, eager to get away from anyone and everyone.

Someone holds one of the front doors open. I thank them and go inside, heading to the String's room, knowing that I'll get some rest in peace.

Too bad I forgot to bring my violin. That would've been nice. Sighing, I enter the String's room and sit down, resting my head on the top of the chair. Sleep took over me.
><><><><
The first bell rings, waking me up. I sigh and slowly get out of the chair, wanting to just stay in the chair until school's over.

I walk down the hallway, occasionally bumping into a few people. I make my way to my locker, putting in my combination. My mind drifts off to my ex as my fingers swiftly open my locker. After years of practice, I finally manage to be able to put in my combination correctly on the first try. I look to the locker next to me and recall how Karl broke up with me.

"Hey, where are you?" I say into my phone. "In the cafeteria," his voice says. "Okay, see you there," I tell him, ending the call. "He says he's in the cafeteria," I tell my friends. And so, we head to the cafeteria. I spot Karl. "Oh hey-!" I am interrupted by the cold, sticky feeling of soda splashed onto me.

I stand in shock, soaking wet and my, now, former lover's laugh rings across the entire room. Several laughs follow and tears start rolling down my face from both embarrassment and surprise. "By the way, Kim, I just wanted to tell you that this was all a prank. In other words...we. were. never. dating."

And then he walks out of the cafeteria, leaving an infuriated Lauren, Harmony, and Genevieve to run after him, their anger fueled by their ruined shirts and the fact that he said my real name instead of my code.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by a guy who walks up to his locker, looking at me with a concerned expression. I give him a nervous smile and snap my head back to my own locker in embarrassment.

-Oh, and don't forget to vote •^•