~|Chapter 32|~

[Edited]

Lauren's POV

I check on Harmony, hearing her soft mumbles when I open the door. A tear drips down her face and I close the door. She hates when I wake her up from those dreams. I shake my head, feeling that Rebecca should be dead at this point, if not for Genevieve forgiving her and the rest of us giving her a second chance.

I sigh, going back to my own room, taking a seat on my bed. My mind drifts off to a memory of my own, one that causes me to drown in my own sorrows whilst I fall deep into sleep.

I stand in front of a cylinder shaped object, one that was at least 8 feet tall. Even in my Fallen Angel form, I was at least a foot or two shorter than it. The cylinder was filled with water and the material was like glass.

And inside it was Rachel, an oxygen mask on her face with a tube connecting to the bottom. She seemed to be floating in the water, her hair sprawled out and her eyes closed.

Maybe it was the shock, but I wanted to cry for her. Spending who knows how long in this hellhole being experimented on by ruthless murderers. The scars on her were visible, some looking at least 5 inches long.

Waking up to nothing but darkness and soulless eyes isn't a fun thing. Waking up without half my team was worse. I had managed to gather everyone up with the help of Genevieve and we were trying to get Rachel out.

I knocked on the glass, wanting to see if Rachel would wake up. Sadly, she didn't not even flinch. I knocked a few more times, receiving nothing as well.

I sigh. If I break the glass, would she be used to the oxygen? I put a crack in the glass, then a few more until the whole container combusted. Rachel fell and her oxygen mask fell off in the process.

I grabbed her before she landed in pieces of glass and lightly shook her, hoping she'd wake up. That request came true and Rachel slowly opened her eyes. I smiled brightly. "Good to see you're awake!" Rachel blinked a few more times before closing her eyes again and rolling back into her sleep.

"Another horrid dream...another sense of false hope," I hear her mumble. I decide to let her sleep, however, I would wake her up as soon as I see the others, for Rach has probably slept for years.

I lift Rachel up, barely managing to do so. In my weak form, I was slowly trying to walk whilst carrying something probably only a few pounds lighter than me.

I step over several pieces of shattered glass and make it to the doorway, only to see Rebecca standing there, seeming to block my way. "Hi, Rebecca," I say, "Nice to see you again." "Oh Lauren," fake excitement was her specialty, "Let me take that bìtch off your hands. You'll be a great specimen after all."

A loud knock breaks me out of my dream, making me slowly open my eyes, one at a time. I sit up and stare at the door, taking a few seconds to realize it's the real world.

I sigh and mutter a, "Come in." Rebecca opens the door and looks at me with glossy eyes. "Lauren, I think the witch took Vlad."

I lift an eyebrow, "Oh really?" She nods. For ages now, she's been mentioning how she has this mind blowing crush, who, if you haven't guessed, is Vlad. Of course, this was after Harmony showed any evidence that she liked Vlad.

Another sigh escapes my lips. "And what does the heartbroken lover plan to do with this so called witch?" I seriously don't know what to believe anymore. First, Rebecca almost gets kidnapped for experiments, ones that would surely have influenced her brain. And then Vlad confesses to her, right when Harmony was going to confess.

All of this, information I gained purely from conversations Genevieve had with Delilah, I'm not even sure if Vlad confessed at all.

"Maybe I should just go for someone else...Blake seems to be more sentimental than Vlad," she says, quietly. My eye twitches, but the female in front of me doesn't show any sign of seeing it.

"Good luck, mate," I told her, whilst I am internally screaming at her not to.

-Oh, and don't forget to vote •^•