~|Chapter 29|~

[Edited]

Lauren's POV

For the twentieth time, I see the same flashback. The brutal scene of which I almost died, one of which Genevieve almost lost all her power trying to keep Earth from experiencing a worldwide earthquake, something that would surely cause humans to go extinct.

I only have 3 more Earth deaths before I had to ultimately experience Immortal's Death. Harmony is breathing heavily, blood dripping down her arms, her canine fangs covered in the liquid.

Even Caden, someone who only uses his magic in times of need, is questioning his logic and using most of his power, his eyes threatening to turn into the brown of ours.

Maybe if I imagine hard enough, it'll go away. If I sleep long enough, the pain will fade. But that only works once, and that one time was all I had.

"Lauren? You asleep?" a soft voice asked. I opened my eyes, one at a time and smiled. Thank Overlord, I did not want to see that again.

I sit up and mutter a 'Nope'. Caden smiled a small smile and sits down next to me, grabbing my hand. "I've been meaning to tell you this, but Blake has some strong fucking feelings for you."

I raise an eyebrow and give him a confused look. "And I know he's secretly listening in on us with whatever magic he somehow has so I'm gonna speak quietly so he thinks that I'm confessing something to you."

I laugh quietly and say a series of random words, mixing them up and then saying 'Sure' at the end. Caden laughs, happy that I didn't mess up his prank, and gave me a hug, walked outside, closing the door.

Before he does, I could see Rebecca going into what is supposed to be Vlad's room. I motion for Caden to leave the door opened and he does so.

Right after, I rush to my drawer and took out the remote connected to security cameras I put around the house.

I turn on the TV, switching between cameras until I got to the one in Vlad's room, hidden on the wall behind his bed.

Vlad seems to just be sleeping. Rebecca, on the other hand, is just standing at the foot of his bed, creepily watching him. She is holding a water bottle and what seems to be some type of pill, a few in her left hand.

A few hours pass and Rebecca doesn't seem to pull anything. I'm about to just turn off my TV but she leans back, causing a small squeak to erupt from the floor beneath her.

Vlad snaps awake, looking at the culprit. Rebecca seems to say something, Vlad sitting up. The female hands the pills to him, as well as the bottle of water.

Vlad immediately swallows them, drinking the water as well. A smirk lands on Rebecca's face for a split second before it disappears and an innocent smile replaces it.

She sits on the bed, putting her hand on Vlad's and I absolutely have to know what they are saying, but I only installed a camera, not a mic.

I grab my phone, unlocking it and quickly send Harmony a text saying, "GET THE HELL UP HERE! REBECCA'S GOING AT VLAD LIKE A DESPERATE GENEVIEVE FINDING SPARKLING ICE!"

Vlad pulls his hand back and his face is full of discomfort. He says something, with Rebecca replying with a seductive smile, the violet haired male not seeming to notice.

Vlad grabs at his throat, glaring at Rebecca. At this moment, Harmony arrives, opening the door. Rebecca leans forward aggressively, her lips landing on Vlad's.

Anger is burning from Harmony, that much I could tell. If she has my powers, I swear, she'd be emitting smoke. I can not watch the tragic scene before me, and I turn off my TV.

-Oh, and don't forget to vote •^•