~|Chapter 22|~

I lift Adam up onto a tiger. I lift myself up on a giraffe, dwelling in my childish habit and grinning widely. Genevieve was behind me with Caden, Rebecca, and Delilah. Kim, Vlad, and Harmony were in front of me laughing, Delta, Hayden, and Rachel were in front of them in a spinning teapot.

Blake was next to Adam, taking pictures of the moment with the child. The Merry Go Round music started blasting from the speaker and the ride starting moving. The giraffe starts moving up and down and I hear children laughing, many of us joining in.

The ride ends shortly and my laughter stops, leaving a smile on my face. I get off the the plastic animal, helping Adam get off as well. We gather at the exit of the ride. "So, roller coaster next?," Caden asks.

We all agree, running over to the map. I trace my hand from the "Here" sign to the nearest roller coaster. It was a ride shaped like a dragon, that seemed to go around in loops. "Let's go there!," Lee says excitedly.

"Aw, but Adam and Hayden would be too short to get on," I say. "I'll go with them to Snoopy World," Rachel suggests. She grabs Hayden and Adam's hands. "Take someone with you. You're a healer, not an attacker," Genevieve says.

"I'll go with her," Delta offers. None of us object and I give my child a little hug before I head off with the roller coaster group. The walk wasn't too long, but the line was definitely gonna take a long time to get through.

I sighed, following Harmony to the front of the line. After a few minutes, it moved slightly, but only because a family decided to go do some other cool stuff and get out of the line.

I leaned against the rail, staring at a tree, more specifically, the bird next to it. A robin seemed to be pecking around. It flew away after it picked up  several seeds, showing off its magnificent wings.

"-age! RAGE! LAUREN!," someone screamed. "Yeah, what?" I snapped out of my trance and turned back. "Why do you only react to your real name being yelled?," Vlad asked. I shrugged, walking forward to them.

"So, I haven't seen you all since our meeting at the beginning of the year," Blake says, moving some bangs out of his face, "You all been working hard, I presume?"

Genevieve laughs. "If by that, you mean surviving school and killing weirdos, then yeah, we've been doing great!" She said it in a joking tone, but we all knew what she meant...

Kerberos' crew has been ruthless this year, killing more and more innocent Zodiac citizens, causing children to become orphans and families to be broken apart. Half of those attacks go unnoticed because of all the ones that are happening elsewhere, causing the whole family to go down in flames.

It seems they're using our own elements against us, wanting to make it seem like an accident and mock us, those heartless beings.

Kim decides to be her cheery self, saying, "There's a talent show soon, isn't there?" "Oh yeahhh, speaking of which, we haven't seen any of you at school. A shame we don't have any classes together," I say.

The line moves once more and we get inside a building. Hope builds up but as soon as I see the amount of people, it breaks. The line extended across the building back and forth several times.

"Aw, come on!," Rebecca whined. "At least we have more time to catch up," Harmony says, starting another conversation.

-Oh, and don't forget to vote •^•