Prologue

I'm woken up from a whirlwind of sweet dreams by a ray of sunlight making its way through our window. I roll over onto my boyfriend's chest and nestle my head into the crook of his neck.

"Good morning, beautiful." Harry says in his raspy morning voice that is oh so sexy.

"Good morning." I whisper, not wanting to get up due to how incredibly comfortable his chest is.

He tries to get up, but laughs when I prevent him from doing so.

"Baby, I've gotta get ready for work." He laughs.

"Meeting with Malik's gang can wait until later..." I whine.

"You know this is important. He thinks he runs my part of town and I need to put him into place."

"Baby, his gang is a lot stronger than yours, I think you should take it easy."

"I don't care even if that's true. No one messes with my territory."

"I could go with you if you want. I love watching you work."

"No Evelyn, it's much too dangerous for you, love. I want you to stay here." He rolls on top of me and kisses my forehead.

"Please, Harry. You know I only feel safe with you..."

"Fine, but just this once. I don't trust this Malik guy."

Little did we know that that moment would be the last time we would see each other in a very long time.