Chapter Fifteen

Evelyn's POV

Everything happened so fast. 

That Harry guy shot Zayn. We're in the hospital now. It's a miracle we're alive, and it's all thanks to one man.

I bury my face in Daddy's shoulder, wishing it could just be over. 

Please don't kill my daddy, please don't kill my daddy. 

The sound of the trigger being pulled echoes across the yard and soon we hit the ground.

"My daddy's been shot!" I scream. 

I hear the gun being loaded again before Harry aims it at me.

"If I can't have you no one can." He states.

I think it's all over before Niall Horan rushes in with a gun pointed at Harry's head.

"Shoot her and you're dead." He states.

"I'm dead either way." Harry replies.

Niall tackles him to the ground and yells at me to run inside and call for help.  

Niall saved me. 

Everything's weird since I've come out of head space. I hadn't realized how much I missed regular clothes until now that I'm wearing some. Of course the weirdest thing is that I'm wearing a diaper under these sweatpants. My potty training went out the window a while ago.

I'm waiting for Daddy to wake up. It's been 24 hours since he's been shot. The doctors had to perform surgery on him. That was one of the scariest things because they didn't know if he'd make it or not.

There's another kind of waiting that I'm facing too. I keep waiting for someone to recognize me. Hasn't there been news reports about a missing teenage girl? Maybe it never was reported. Nobody cared about me before I came to live with Daddy. No family, no friends. 

I never want to go back to that life. 

"E-Evie?" A deep, scratchy voice pulls me out of my thoughts. 

"Daddy? Are you okay? How are you feeling?" I question, grabbing onto his hand for comfort.

"Much better, sweetheart." There's a short pause before he continues. "You didn't run away."

"I didn't want to. I want to stay with you, I don't wanna go back to my old life."

"I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too. When can we go home?"

"Soon I hope."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daddy was released from the hospital earlier today. The doctors said he'll be okay, but he needs to take it easy. Zayn always takes care of me so now I'm doing the same for him. 

"Can I get you anything else, Daddy?" I ask as I hand him a bottle of water.

"No, I'm fine. I'm supposed to be taking care of you, little one; not the other way around." He replies.

"You always take care of me, now it's my turn."

"I know, but still. You're my baby girl."

I pull the covers up over him more to make sure he's warm before asking him something I've been worried about since yesterday.

"I-Is Harry dead? I-Is he gonna hurt us again?" I ask, tears filling my eyes at the thought of Daddy getting shot again.

"No, baby, no. He'll never be able to hurt us again. He's in prison and he'll stay there for the rest of his miserable life."

"You promise?" I ask, starting to get that fuzzy, warm feeling that comes with head space.

"I promise, Evie. I promise."

I feel my eyes start to droop, but not before I hear Daddy's phone go off. I look to him and see he's now sound asleep. Knowing the doctor said Daddy needs lots of rest, I decide to answer it for him.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Yes, this is Zayn Malik's phone, isn't it?" The deep voice asks on the other line.

"Yes, my name's Evie; I'm his little girl."

"Is Zayn around?"

"He's sleeping actually. Who are you? I could tell him to call you back or give him a message if you want."

"Sure; the name's Louis Tomlinson. Ask him if he's found Harry Styles yet."

New cover!! What do you guys think? I'm in love with it.

I didn't let Zayn get killed, you're welcome. I wouldn't do that anyway, I love Zayn and Evie's relationship too much.

Not much happened this chapter, I was just trying to wrap up Harry and Zayn's battle, but we'll pick up the action next chapter.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!!

~Abbie Grace