Chapter Twelve

Zayn's POV   

"I'm coming back for you, Eve. Just you wait. And Zayn Malik, when I get there I will kill you." 

I've played the video sent from Harry a thousand times. I know I can protect my baby girl so his words aren't too unsettling, it's Harry's overall appearance that is. His hair is longer, his beard is grown out, he tugs at his hair as he speaks. His eyes glow with a distinct level of insanity.

He's gone insane missing Evelyn.

I can't blame the guy really. If someone ever took Evie away from me I'd probably react the same way. She's just a little ball of sunlight and a girl like that with a guy like Harry... I'm sure she was the only light he had.

And now he's gone dark.

There's an eeriness that comes with knowing someone wants you dead. It follows me as I prepare Evie's lunch, but I don't let it get to me. I have my little one to keep me preoccupied. 

"Evie, lunch is ready!" I shout to the little girl still in her pajamas watching cartoons in the living room.

Saturdays we've decided are our sleep in/stay in pajama days.

"Coming, Daddy!" I hear her sweet little voice echo through the hallways.

Soon I feel a tug on my shirt and look down to see the little angel herself.

"What's for lunch, Daddy?" She asks.

I pick her up and settle her on my hip before replying.

"We are having spaghetti for lunch with some fruit." I answer.

"Yum!"

I set her in her high chair before feeding her a bite of the delicious pasta.

"What do you wanna do today, baby?"

"I wanna see Harry!"

"What?"

"I said I wanna play with your harries!" 

Maybe Harry's message is getting to me.

"Ok, sweetheart. We'll do that."

The rest of the day is spent playing at home with my little angel. She's slipped, but today she's fallen deeper. This is what I've been longing for, Evelyn to truly be my baby girl.

"Hey little one, why don't we have a bottle before bedtime?" I ask the sweet little girl in her swing.

"Dada!" She claps her hands.

"C'mere you little monkey!" I swoop her up into my arms as I shower her face with kisses. Her adorable giggles fill the whole room.

I settle her into the rocking chair before lowering the bottle to her lips. As she drinks, her big blue eyes stare into mine. 

I have to protect her, no matter what. I can't lose her. 

Daniel, one of the members of my gang, dashes into the room.

"Sir, he's here." He states.

"What? Who's here?"

"Harry. Harry Styles is breaking through the gate, he's here to get the girl, sir."

"Prepare the men. Harry is not making it out of this alive."

Hey guys!

I'm sorry this chapter was a little slower (and shorter), but it's just sort of a build-up for the next chapter. 

Zayn vs. Harry

Who will win and who will leave with Evelyn?

Thank you so much for all the votes and the comments. Keep it up!

~Abbie Grace