Chapter Seven

Evelyn's POV

Harry's looking for me.

My wonderful boyfriend who I love so much has been spending his time searching for me while I've been here playing baby with his enemy. Every moment of giving in is a direct betrayal to Harry.

After seeing him on the TV in hysterics, I ran up the stairs and locked myself in the first room that meets my line of vision.

It happens to be a bedroom. I think it's the guest room.

I immediately run to the window but it won't budge. Deciding that I just need a few moments of peace away from Zayn, I move a bookshelf in front of the door so he can't get in. I make myself comfortable on the bed before letting out a sob.

I miss Harry. I want to go home.

Soon the sound of Zayn pounding on the door destroys my quiet moment. Fed up with this place, I grab a chair and smash the window open. The pounding gets louder, but it fades as I jump out. My landing leaves the sound of my ankle breaking echoing throughout the neighborhood. 

I grasp my ankle in pain. I can do this, I need to get home to Harry. 

Hopping on one foot, I make my way around Zayn's front yard trying to find a way out. I hear his voice boom from behind me which makes me quicken my steps in fear.

What will he do to me if he catches me? I don't want to find out.

After a few minutes, I can actually understand what Zayn's saying.

"Evelyn Claire Malik! You are in so much trouble! The yard is gated and I have my men guarding the outside. There's no way out. If you come to me right now I'll go easy on you. I expect you to be in my arms in ten seconds."

I can't give into him, can I?

"One!"

I have to get back to Harry.

"Two!"

I have to at least try to escape.

"Three!"

I'm not just gonna walk over to him like some lost puppy.

"Four!"

Zayn wouldn't hurt me, would he?

"Five!

I don't wanna be punished.

"Six!"

Maybe there is no way out.

"Seven! I'm losing my patience, Evelyn!"

I have to go, he'll hurt me.

"Eight!"

I start running.

"Nine!"

I make it to him.

"Evelyn Malik, get inside right now. You're in so much trouble." He says.

So much for escaping. 

Now he's never gonna let me out.

Once we get inside, I hop into the kitchen and seat myself on one of the bar stools and clutch my ankle.

It really hurts. Tears fill my eyes.

"Evelyn Claire, why would you do that? I understand you're-" Zayn walks in and sees me in pain.

"Oh my goodness. You hurt yourself?" He asks. 

I nod my head. "It hurts..."

"What is it, baby girl? Your ankle?"

"Yes, owie." I say as he pokes my ankle.

"Sorry angel. Try to move it for me."

"I can't. It hurts."

"You definitely broke it. Let's get to the hospital; we'll deal with your punishment later."

He picks me up and carries me to the car. To my surprise, he lowers me into a baby car seat. 

I decide not to question it; I just really need to get to the hospital.

My sniffles are the only sound that's made in the car until Zayn breaks the silence.

"It's okay, baby girl. Daddy's gonna make you feel all better." He says as we pull into the parking lot.

After the hospital visit, Zayn and I find ourselves back in his home again. 

"I think you've learned your lesson enough from your ankle and my anger so I'm not punishing you any further." Zayn says. "But, if you ever try something like that again I will not be so kind." 

"I understand." I squeak.

I'm never getting out of here. 

"How about a bottle, little one?"

I don't respond, knowing I have no choice. 

With the bottle between my lips, Zayn continues to speak.

"I love you so much, Evelyn. I know you love Harry and you wanna get back to him, but it's not gonna happen. I just want you to know that I love my baby girl and I always want you to feel safe and loved."

I fall asleep to Zayn's sweet words and once again left with conflicting thoughts.

Sorry for the later and shorter update. I'm extremely busy this week so I won't have much time to update so I thought I'd go ahead and squeeze a shorter one in there for y'all. 

Thanks for being patient and voting consistently!

~Abbie Grace