Chapter Thirteen

Zayn's POV

He finally showed up. Harry Styles has decided to waltz onto my property and try to steal my little girl from me.

Not today, not ever. Evelyn is mine.

I'm ending this little rivalry between us right here, right now.

"Dada, come pways wif me!" Evie giggles at my feet.

"Not right now, baby girl. Daddy has to take care of something right now." I reply.

All I want to do is spend the day playing with my precious little Evie, but of course Harry is gonna ruin that.

"Evie baby, I need you to gather your favorite stuffie and blankie from your nursery and come right back here to me." I tell the little angel.

"Yes, Daddy." She answers before running upstairs like the obedient little girl she is.

I've got all of my gang members here with me, all armed. We're ending this today.

Harry Styles will know once and for all that I, Zayn Malik defeated him.

Soon after my wondering thoughts of victory, Evelyn returns with all her toys.

"Okay, darling I need you to listen to Daddy. I need you to go with Daniel so he can keep you safe. Daddy has to go fight some bad guys, okay?" I try to explain in a way her little mind will accept.

"No, Daddy. Stay wif you." She pleads.

"I love you, sweet pea, but Daddy has to go now, okay?"

Tears well up in her little eyes before they start falling down her cheeks.

"No, Daddy!" She begs as she climbs up my legs so I'll hold her.

I pull her into my arms and shush her crying.

"I'm scared be away from Dada." She admits between cries, her grammar slipping away.

"I know, little one. I know. Daddy has to protect his little girl so you have to go with him now, okay? I'll come back for you, I promise."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I watch my little girl be stripped from me, but I'm about to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Harry Styles, I'm coming for you.

He really has gone insane if he thinks he can get Evelyn back with only a few men. Something that's hardly talked about is my little Evie's past. Sure she had a great relationship with Harry, but her childhood was rough. Her dad left when she was at a young age and her mother killed herself shortly after. Evelyn grew up being tossed between different foster homes and families.

She didn't have a good life before, I saved her. I'm giving her the childhood she deserves.And Harry Styles is not going to get in the way of that.

Of course I knew who she was before I met with her and Harry for the "meet-up." Why do you think I came? It was a set up to get my precious Evie. She's happy now and I'm never letting her go.

My men and I head outside to face our rival gang, but our relationship has sparked something much, much deeper.

A burning hatred and a lust for revenge.

Passed the rose bushes, passed the perfect facade of this house, a war is brewing.

And tonight it overflows.

I lock eyes with the man who wants to steal my baby from me, Mr. Harry Styles. He has his gun pointed towards my men and blindly shoots them. He's past the point where he cares who dies, human life is nothing in comparison to Evie in his mind.

That's the scary part.

After a while of this, something changes. Harry and I meet in the middle with both our men behind us. He wants to talk, interesting move on his part.

"So, Zayn Malik, we meet again." He states with his signature smirk on his face.

"So we do. I can't say I'm surprised you're here, but I am surprised by your lack of men. Surely you know winning Evie back won't be so easy." I reply smugly.

Maybe pushing the insane man's buttons isn't the best idea, but it's all I've got.

"Maybe I'm outnumbered, but my love for Evelyn will surpass anything you stand against us."

Yep, definitely insane.

"I'm hoping you'll have enough sense to end this little siege on my house before anymore of your men get hurt. If you continue with this, I'll personally make sure each of you ends up in a body bag including you, Mr. Styles." I snarl.

"I will never surrender to you, Mailk." He spits.

"Kill them, all of them. Leave no survivors." I order my men.

"Yes sir." They answer.

Bullets fill the air. I really hope Daniel's doing a good job distracting her. She's probably down for a nap right now, she had a bottle and is now asleep under the...

"Daddy!" I hear a little voice yell.

I turn around to see Evelyn running out of the house and towards me.

"No! Evie go back inside!" I yell.

And I watch in horror as my innocent little girl walks into the mayhem.

Harry and Zayn's battle for Evelyn will continue in Chapter Fourteen.

Guys, guys, guys! You did it! You got 20 votes on the sneak peek update! You all commented, and worked together to reach the 20 votes!! So here's your fast update!

Thank you guys so so much for that! Please keep the enthusiasm in the comments last update coming because they really motivate me to update sooner.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and it lived up to your expectations.

Love you guys!

~Abbie Grace