Chapter Seventeen

Evelyn's POV

"Wakey, wakey, Evie." A voice brings me from my slumber.

I groan and roll over. "I guess my baby doesn't want to play with Charlotte then."

I open one eye to see Daddy smirking. "Is Charlotte really here?"

"Yes she is and she's waiting for you to come downstairs and play."

I hold my arms up for him to carry me. He chuckles and lays me on the changing table. After changing my diaper, he dresses me in an adorable, "Daddy's girl" outfit.

"I love you so much, baby girl." He coos as we walk downstairs. He kisses my cheek before setting me on the ground.

"Evie!" Charlotte shouts.

"Charlie!" I squeal in reply.

We embrace before settling down in front of my toys or I mean Zayn's toys.

"Daddy said that he saved you from bad guys." Charlotte states.

"He did. My daddy got hurt though." I reply.

We continue to play for a little while longer until our daddy's call us in for lunch.

"C'mere, Evie." Daddy opens his arms to me as I eye the high chair suspiciously.

"Charlotte's sitting on her daddy's lap to eat, so why can't I?" I whine as he settles me into the high chair.

"Because Charlotte is a little older than you, baby."

I huff while Daddy chuckles.

"Hey, stop pouting, little one. " He feeds me a bite of strawberries.

After lunch, we head to the park where we play for the rest of the day. The only problem is Daddy's not paying any attention to me. He's been on the phone non-stop, I guess I'll have to throw a tantrum for him to notice me.

"Evie, would you like to play on the slide with Charlotte?" Niall asks me.

"No!" I stomp.

"What would you like to do then?"

"Nothing!" I hold my fist out for emphasis and I accidentally hit a little boy walking past. He immediately starts crying and clings to his mommy. His mommy looks really mad at me, I'm scared.

I start crying too. Daddy runs to me after Niall motions him over. He picks me up and I bury my face in his neck.

"What's the problem here?" Daddy asks the scary lady.

"The problem is your little girl punched my baby boy." She kisses the sobbing little boy's cheek.

"Evie, did you punch that little boy?" Daddy asks me.

I decide to remain silent.

"Evelyn Claire Malik, you better answer me before you get an even worse punishment."

"It was an accident! I no mean to, Daddy! Dat mommy is scawy and I need Dada." I cling to Daddy, feeling the warmth inside me burst over.

Niall hands Daddy a pacifier and he pushes it between my lips which helps me calm down a lot.

"Good girl. Deep breathes, just like that. Good girl."

Once I've calmed down, Daddy turns to me with another statement.

"Even though it was an accident, I still think you need to apologize for hitting because that's a big no no."

"I sowwy for hitting you." I squeak.

After that, Charlotte and Niall head home and so do we. As soon as we get back, Daddy declares it's bedtime.

With a bottle between my lips and nestled into Daddy's arms I feel myself being lulled into a peaceful sleep.

But I can't help but wonder what Daddy was doing all day...

Hey guys! So sorry about the late update I just had a little bit of writer's block. I also start school on Tuesday so after that updates will probably be slower than normal.

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter! Please vote and comment for faster updates!

~Abbie Grace