Chapter Nineteen

Zayn's POV

This ends now. Whatever Harry thinks he's going to accomplish today, he won't. I've left my Evie safe inside with two of my most trusted men since sadly my right hand man is no longer with us. 

Evie's getting worse. It's been about 6 hours since I found the note in the cabinet. Her coughing has increased, her sneezing fills the house, and her pitiful whimpers of pain that just beg me to make it better. And I can't because of Harry Styles.

For too long he has taken a toll on Evie and I's relationship. For too long he has kept a cloud of worry above my head for my baby girl's safety. Not anymore. I'm prepared to fight to the death if that means keeping my baby safe.

Sure Harry was a nice enough guy when he dated Evelyn, but now he has changed. His hair's grown out, he speaks dramatically and in odd phrases. And worst of all he's lost his will to live and he, just as I, am willing to fight until one of us is six feet under.

"Hello, Malik. I've been expecting you. Little Evie not feeling well?" Harry sarcastically sticks his bottom lip out.

"Well Styles. I have to say your persistent and I admire your bravery to show your face here again, but it's quite stupid of you if I'm honest." I spit out in a condescending tone. 

"And why would it be stupid of me exactly?"

"Because you're never getting Evelyn back I will-"

"Stop right there. You're wrong; I already have Evelyn."

"You're lying. I know a bluff when I see one, Styles." I state, there's no way he has Evelyn. I left her with two of my men no more than three minutes ago.

"Bring her out, boys." The devil orders his men.

There's my baby with her hands tied and a man pushing her forward towards Harry.

"Evie!" I cry.

"Daddy, I-I scared." She whimpers and gently wipes her nose on her onesie.

"I know, darling. It will be okay. Daddy will get you out."

With the thoughts of my baby girl being tied up clouding my brain, I pull the trigger aimlessly.

I've killed the enemy, but I've made a terrible mistake.

"Daddy!" Evie screams.

Harry's men are retreating. With their leader dead, the cowards run away in fear. All except one. 

In the time it took for me to shoot Harry, the man holding Evie has pulled out a gun and has it pressed to her head. 

"D-Daddy!" She squeaks.

To the shock of the man and even to myself, I sink to my knees. No one has ever made I, the Zayn Malik, kneel. Ever. Oh the things I'd do for this little girl.

"Please don't kill her, I love her. I love her more than I've ever loved anyone before. Styles is dead, whatever mission you hoped to accomplish today is meaningless now. Please don't let some loyalty to a jerk like Harry make you murder my baby girl." Tears fill my eyes as I finish. "Please, I'm begging you."

As the first tear makes its way down my face, the man lets go of his grip on Evelyn and she runs to her Daddy, safe in his arms. No matter what the world throws at us, I know we'll get through it. Daddy and baby girl.

That's the last chapter, you guys! It's so bitter sweet that it's over, but I am planning on posting an Epilogue to tie up all the loose ends left in the story.

Thank you so so much, from the bottom of my heart, for everyone who voted, commented, or even just read this story. I love you so much!

Don't forget to follow me because I plan on starting a new story soon!

With love, Abbie Grace