Chapter Five

Huge shout out to @Happyflappy2000  for voting on every chapter and for commenting! Thank you so much! You're greatly appreciated! 

Enjoy:)

"Good morning, Evie." I hear a voice above me say.

I groan and roll over. 

I hear laughing before I'm picked up out of the crib.

"You're a sleepyhead, aren't you little bug?" Zayn says as he tickles my stomach to wake me up.

I giggle and look up at him. His chocolate brown eyes meet mine in a smile. 

"Are you hungry? I've got breakfast made downstairs."

"Ok, but no high chair, right?" I'm not sitting in that thing.

"Yes, we're gonna try it today, okay?"

"No, I don't want to sit in it. I'm not a baby! And I-" I start but am interrupted by him.

"You know what I think? I think you're getting yourself worked up over nothing, darling. It's just a chair; you'll only sit in it while you're eating. I don't think it's worth getting upset over."

Am I really blowing this out of proportion?

No, he's trying to manipulate you into being his baby. You have to keep fighting!

Zayn says that it's not a big deal so we should just calm down about a stupid chair.

Since when do you just go along with whatever he says?

I don't I just...feel like I can trust him.

"Evelyn? Baby? You alright? You spaced out there for a second." Zayn pulls me back into reality.

"Um... I'm hungry?" I say before hiding my face in his neck. Something about him makes me so shy.

"Okay sorry, angel. I'll just set you here," He says as he sets me in the high chair. "While I bring the food in here. Do you like pancakes, love?"

I nod my head vigorously in a yes motion. 

"I love pancakes, they're my favorite!" I say.

Where did that come from?

"Are they now? I think waffles are better than pancakes..."

I scoff. "No they're not! Pancakes are the best food ever and waffles a-are weird."

It's his turn to gasp. "Did you just say waffles are weird?"

I giggle at his shocked expression. "Y-Yeah, they're weird."

"I'll show you what's weird." He says before tickling me relentlessly.

"Stop it! Stop! Please!" I squeal between giggles.

"Okay. Ready for some pancakes?"

After a delicious breakfast full of pancakes, bacon, and orange juice, Zayn and I move into the living room.

"Can we watch another movie, please?" I ask politely.

"You know what? We've been watching a lot of movies lately. I was thinking that we might wanna try playing with some toys we've got over here." He suggests. "You can color or play dolls or anything you see over here you'd like to try."

He stares at me as I stare at the baby toys.

"Um, c-color please?" And I'm back to my shy self as soon as he stares at me like that.

"Okay, baby doll. Good choice."

We begin coloring and I must admit it was very relaxing and maybe even a little fun. The whole time he'd tell me jokes or praise my masterpieces.

I was having a good time until... I felt something.

I move around uncomfortably. No, this can't be happening. Remember rule number two?

"Everything okay over there, Evie?" Zayn asks.

"Y-Yes everything's okay." I reply as I maneuver myself into a more comfortable position.

"Evelyn, don't lie to Daddy. Tell me what's wrong so I can make it better."

"No, you can't help me." Tears fill my eyes as the urge intensifies.

Zayn picks me up and moves me onto his lap. 

"Baby, you can trust me. I would never do anything to hurt you. The whole reason I'm here is to help you and take care of you." He says sweetly.

"I-I need to go to the bathroom." I whisper just loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh, I see. And you're scared to go in your diaper?"

I nod into the crook of his neck where I hide my face.

"There's nothing to be afraid of though, little one. Daddy's right here and I'll change you as soon as you go."

"I can't!"

"Yes you can, baby. The sooner you go the sooner the pain will go away."

I nod. He's right.

But I can't go in a diaper...can I?

After a few minutes of rocking back and forth in Zayn's arms, the feeling becomes too much and I'm forced to let go.

"Good job, Evie. Daddy's so proud of you. You did so good! Such a brave little girl!" He coos sweet nothings into my ear as he lays me down on the changing table in my nursery. 

Wait did I just say my nursery?

"Ok, we'll do a quick change and we'll go have some lunch, okay darling?" He asks as he starts to unbutton the onesie I'm in. 

He's successful in keeping me distracted as he slides my old diaper off, powders me, and then replaces it with a new one.

On our way down to the kitchen, I hear the sound of a phone ringing. 

There's a phone here, I could use it to call for help!

Zayn pulls it out of his pocket and smiles as he checks the caller ID. He swiftly presses the accept button and brings the phone to his ear.

"Yes, yes. Yes, she's doing great." Zayn says. It's hard to interpret one half of a conversation, but I think they're talking about me. "I bet she would love that. Tuesday? No, I don't think so. Great! See you then, bye."

"W-Who was that?" I ask.

"That was my friend Niall. He has a little girl too and they're going to come over on Tuesday to play. Does that sound fun?" Zayn replies.

Another girl like me? Was she kidnapped too? Maybe it'll be good to have someone to talk to except there's only one problem.

I'm extremely shy around new people.

"S-Sure."

"Good! Niall's little girl is very nice, I think you two will get along great." He says. "Anyways, I think it's about nap time for you little missy."

He grabs a bottle from the kitchen before walking us into the living room and cradling me in his lap.  

I fall asleep to warm milk, Zayn's soft humming, and the overwhelming idea of a play date.