Chapter Six

This chapter will be in Zayn's POV! Enjoy:)

It's been three days since Evelyn first used her diaper. She's settling in well, but still fights the high chair and diapers. Not to mention the fact that she hasn't been bathed once since she's gotten here. Niall and Charlotte (his little girl) are coming over today so I hope having someone else her age over will help her slip some. 

I have seen signs of her starting to slip. The other day when she rambled on about pancakes being her favorite, and the way she's starting to trust what I say without thinking too deep into it. 

The little angel is eating her breakfast right now and I'm gonna try to introduce the idea of a bath subtly while she's eating her favorite pancakes.

"How are the pancakes this morning, love?" I ask as I bring another bite full of the delicious breakfast food to her lips.

"Yummy!" She claps her hands.

She's in a good mood today, I'd hate to ruin that with a bath, but to be blunt, she stinks.

After she's finished, I decide to being the topic up.  

"Hey, baby?"

"Yes?" She answers.

"How about we have a bath today before Niall and Charlotte come over? We don't wanna stink, do we?"

"I can bathe by myself, right?" 

"No baby. Daddy will have to help you. You're too little to do it by yourself. Remember when you spilt last night's dinner on you because Daddy left to use the bathroom and you tried to feed yourself?"

She blushes. "Yeah b-but I don't need help bathing. I can do it."

"No Evie baby, you can't."

I pick her up and carry her up to the bathroom. I switch the water on and wait for it to fill up to a nice warm temperature.  

I slowly help her undress and settle her into the tub. The whole time she tries to cover herself.

"How about we try some toys? I've got some duckies who wanna swim with you baby Evie."

I drop some in and watch as she hesitantly grabs it and moves it around the bath.

Just two hours later, after Evelyn is fully clean and dressed, the doorbell rings. 

"Evie, who could that be, angel?" I ask.

"Your friends..." She says quietly. 

"They'll be your friends to soon, I promise."

I walk to the door and swiftly open it to reveal Niall holding Charlotte on his hip. 

"Hey mate, how are you?" I greet Niall and then turn to Charlotte. "Hello there, darling."

I turn around to the feeling of little hands grabbing the back of my leg. She's hiding behind me.

I gasp. "Where'd Evie go? I can't find her?" 

She giggles a little. "I'm here!"

"There you are. Say hi to Niall and Charlotte."

"Hi." She squeaks before hiding her face in my neck.

"She's a little shy, but I'm sure she'll warm up to you."

"Thanks for having us, mate. Charlotte's been begging for a play date for a while haven't you, doll?" Niall says.

"Yes Daddy!" Charlotte squeals.

Oh how I long for the day when Evelyn will call me that.

"Let's go to the living room and get comfortable. We've got some toys in there for you two to play with." I say.