Chapter Eighteen

Zayn's POV

"Wake up, Evelyn. C'mon, baby. Open those pretty little eyes for Daddy." I coo at Evelyn's sleeping form. I lift her from her crib into my arms and gently rub her tummy to help wake her up.

Her eyes flutter before she stretches her little arms out and rubs her eyes.

"There's my princess. You took a long nap little one." I say as I lay her down on the changing table.

"Still sweepy." She yawns before closing her eyes again.

"Why are you still tired? You slept for over two hours."

"Too hot." She squirms.

"Okay, baby. We'll change you into something cooler than, alright?"

"Off, off!"

I quickly pull her onesie off her burning hot body. I put my hand on her forehead and instantly know she's running a fever.

"Oh is my baby sick? My precious little Evie doesn't feel good."

"Off, off!" She squeals again and tugs on her diaper.

"Ok, darling. Let's change you." I undo her diaper to reveal she made a big mess. "Oh, baby does your tummy hurt?"

Tears stream down her face as I clean her up. I dress her in a sleeveless onesie to hopefully keep her cool in her heated state.

"It's okay, darling. Daddy's here, I'll take care of you, doll." I assure her as I carry her down the stairs.

"Dada!" She whines. "Tum Tum hurt."

"I know, baby. I know. I'm gonna get you some tummy medicine, okay?"

"Dada! No weave Evie! Dada!"

"I'm coming, baby. I'm coming."

Her sickness has really made her slip and fully rely on me. While I hate that she's hurting, the snugly side of her is something I love.

As I reach in the cabinet to grab Evie's medicine, I feel the cabinet has been emptied of its contents and replaced by a piece of paper. But it's the writing on the paper that makes it odd.

Malik,

How's Evelyn feeling? A bit under the weather, I see. I have taken all supplies you'll need to help nurse her back to health.

I'm outside waiting. Make your decision carefully because trust me Evelyn will continue to get worse until she's back in my arms.

The choice is your, Malik. Make it carefully, I'll be waiting.

~H

First, he shoots me and threatens to kill Evie. Now he wants her back? I'm ready to finish this once and for all.

"Dada, I is cold!" Evelyn cries from the living room.

"I'm coming, baby." I bring in a warm bottle, wrap her up in a blanket, and settle her on my lap.

As she drifts off to sleep, all I can think about is revenge against Harry Styles.

Sorry for the wait guys!

School (and volleyball) have started back so between homework and practice everyday I've got a full schedule so I appreciate y'all's patience with me.

I plan on wrapping this book up soon in the next few chapters since I feel we're defiantly hitting the falling action.

Thank you for all of your support! I love y'all! Don't forget to vote to show the love:)

~Abbie Grace