Chapter Four

I wake up in the crib again to the feeling of someone rubbing my back. I sigh in content and close my eyes again. I hear a chuckle which makes my eyes bulge open.

"You like that, huh baby?" Zayn says as he laughs.

His laugh is so...nice.

"Did you sleep well, little one?" He asks.

"Still tired." I yawn.

He lifts me out of the crib as he chuckles again to himself.

I reach my arms back towards the crib. I just want to sleep and be left alone. I need sometime to think of an escape plan.

"Oh, you want your bear?" He coos as he lifts the teddy bear lying in the crib into my arms.

"No! I want sleep!" I yell and throw the bear on the ground.

The anger present on his face makes me instantly regret my outburst.

"S-Sorry I'm just so... tired." I yawn again.

"Why are you so sleepy, hm?"

"I don't know..." I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Well it's about lunchtime so I'll go fix us something to eat while you watch another movie, okay?"

Knowing I have no other option, I nod my head. And besides maybe I will get some alone time to think.

Zayn carries me down the stairs and deposits me on the couch. On this very sofa was where I was fed a bottle in my kidnappers lap just hours before now.

How did I give in so quickly?

Not again. I'm not gonna be his baby even if it takes every last breath I have to fight against him.

I lay down on the couch to relax and think on how to get out of here.

I could... make a run for it. No, the gates at the front are too tall to climb and so is the fence in the back. There's no way to get out unless he lets me out.

And the only way he'll do that is if he trusts me.

How can I earn his trust? By being his baby. Fake baby. I'll pretend to give in so he'll let his guard down and let me escape.

Not the best plan, but right now it's all I got.

"Evie! Lunch is ready!" Zayn calls as he walks into the living room.

I watch his face turn into one of surprise as he sees me laying on the floor.

"What are you doing down there, ladybug?" He picks me up and starts to tickle my tummy.

If there's one thing to know about me is that I'm extremely ticklish.

I let out a giggle and start squirming in his hold.

"Stop it! Stop it!" I squeal between breaths of laughter.

"Okay fine." He stops his devilish fingers from their torture on my stomach finally. "I must say though, little one. Your laugh is the cutest noise I have ever had the pleasure of hearing."

I can't help the blush that paints itself on my cheeks. I hide my face in his shoulder.

"Well, I've made us some macaroni and cheese with a side of fruit for lunch. Does that sound okay, Evie?" Zayn asks.

"Sounds good, thanks." I say politely, trying to keep to my "earn his trust by playing nice" plan.

He places me in the high chair again. He fastens me in and I squeal.

"No! No! I want out! I want out!" I hate this high chair. I won't sit in it. I'm gonna try to act like his baby, but not in this chair.

"Evelyn Claire Malik. Stop this right now. It's just a chair, there's nothing to be upset about."

He didn't. He didn't just give me his last name. Evelyn Malik? And how did he know my middle name?

"That's not my name and I'm not a baby! I won't sit in it, I won't!" I hit my fist on the tray.

"You will unless you want a punishment."

"P-Punishment?"

"Yes. We didn't get a chance to go over the rules earlier so I guess I'll do that now before we eat. The rules are simple and easy to follow. So long as you abide by these rules no punishment with be necessary. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

What's this talk about a punishment? I knew he was gonna hurt me. He lied to me, he lied to Harry, and God knows who else he's lied to. There's probably not one honest bone in his body.

Tears fill my eyes at the thought of him hitting me. What if he didn't actually let Harry go? The tears start rolling down my cheeks.

"W-What have you done to H-Harry?" I ask.

"No need to worry about that now; you're my baby girl." Zayn states.

"I'm not a baby."

"Yes you are and there're nothing you or Harry can do about it."

"Did you actually let him go?"

"Yes, angel. I did. Where did this come from?"

"You s-said punishment. You told Harry you wouldn't hurt me and you lied!"

"I'm not gonna hurt you, baby girl. Punishment is things like timeout or no toys or if you've been really bad a spanking. I'm not gonna hurt you. You don't ever have to worry about that much."

"U-Um what are the rules?"

"Well little one. I guess we'll start with rule number one: Always call me Daddy. Rule number two: Use your diaper because toilets are off limits. Rule number three: No walking. You can crawl or Daddy will carry you wherever you need to go. Rule number four: No talking back to Daddy. Daddy knows what's best for you so when he asks you to do something, you do it. Rule number five: Nap time will be from 1:30 to 3:00. Bedtime will be at 9:30 every night unless I give special permission. Since it's still just your first day, we're taking things slow so we'll start your schedule tomorrow. Oh and also bath time will be before bed every other night, but like I said before since we're still new at this we might hold off on the bath for a little while. Those aren't too hard, are they?"

"N-No." I'm so overwhelmed. Tears fill my eyes once again. How many times am I gonna cry in one day?

"Oh goodness." He lifts me out of the high chair and into his arms. "What's the matter, baby?"

"T-Too m-much." I squeak before shoving my face in his neck to let out the rest of my tears.

"Daddy gave you too much to think about, didn't he? I'm sorry, angel. Here, I'll take your mac and cheese and your fruit to the couch so we can watch a movie to take your mind off of it while you eat. We'll try the high chair later, okay?"

I nod. I just don't want to sit in a baby seat.

He feeds me as I sit in his lap and watch the movie. And after that, we just keep watching movies until Zayn declares its time for bed. He carries me back up to the nursery with a bottle in hand. He sits us on the rocking chair in the room and feeds me the bottle. As I suck, I look into the eyes of a man who I maybe can trust.

Even though I still want to escape and have questions unanswered, maybe this isn't the worst place to be in the meantime.

Hey!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has voted. It means so so much to me. And if you're reading this and haven't voted yet please do! It makes me happy to know people enjoy my writing and motivates me to update sooner. And if y'all could, could you maybe share it with your friends and get the word out about the book? It would mean so much to me.

Thank you so much for even glancing at this book let alone read or vote!

~Abbie Grace