Chapter One

"Where did you say we're meeting Malik's gang at again?" I ask Harry as he makes a sharp right turn.

"An open field in the middle of nowhere so hopefully he doesn't try anything." Harry sighs as he drags his hand across his forehead.

"You stressed, baby?"

"A little. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't. You'll protect me."

We pull into the open field and we along with the rest of his gang step out to meet Harry's rival gang.

A man with slightly tanned skin and dark hair steps out of the car across from us. I assume he must be Malik by the way he carries himself with a sense of confidence and authority.

"Styles, lovely to see you again." Malik says.

"Quit the act, Malik. What do you want with my land?" Harry spits.

"And who's this beautiful little lady?" Malik ignores Harry's question and looks to me.

Harry sighs. "This is my girlfriend, Evelyn."

"It's lovely to meet you." He says and grabs my hand to lay a delicate kiss on my knuckles.

Why is he being so polite? He has to have some sort of angle.

"Don't touch her. She's not involved in this." Harry says. "I want to know what it is you want on my territory."

"What I want is exactly as you said, your territory. And I plan on taking it from you." Malik states nonchalantly as if taking down Harry's entire gang would be the easiest thing in the world for him to do.

"I'm not giving my land up without a fight."

"I figured you'd say that which is why I brought these." Malik gestures to the at least one hundred men surrounding the field with rifles pointed right at us.

I grab onto Harry's bicep and unconsciously scoot behind him.

"You promised you wouldn't try anything!" Harry shouts.

"I know, but I lied. Get over it. That's what you and I do for a living, Styles. We kill, we cheat, we lie, and we take what we want when we want it. And right now I'm doing just that. But since I'm not all bad, I'm willing to make you a deal."

"I'm listening..."

"You and your men get to walk away with your land and your lives, but only if you give me Evelyn."

"No. No way! I'm not just handing her over to you! What do you want with her anyway?!"

"What I want with her is none of your concern. I can promise you no harm will come to her and that promise I mean." Malik pauses to give Harry a moment to think.

What does he want with me? Why me?

I have to do this to save Harry's life. I love him too much to let him die over me.

"I'll do it, I'll go." I say more confidently than I feel. "I'll go with him; it's the only way you'll be safe, Harry."

"No, I can't let you do this, Evelyn. I love you." He kisses me.

"And I love you too, Harry... But, you'll die if we don't do this. We'll all die and I can't let that happen. I need to go, Harry. I need to go."

"Baby no..."

I start walking towards Malik.

"Bye Harry. I love you so much." A tear rolls down my cheek.

"It'll be okay, Eve. I'll come back, I'll find you! I won't ever give up!"

I look away. I can't bear to watch the tears fall down his face. 

One of Malik's men pushes me into their car and the devil himself slides in next to me. I look out the window and watch Harry's figure fade through my glossy eyes.

I'm full blown sobbing about five minutes into the drive and I can't believe myself. I'm crying in front of my kidnappers; they must think I'm so weak.

Malik, who I still don't know's first name, squeezes my hand gently.

"Hey, it's alright." He whispers. "You'll be okay, I promise we won't hurt you."

I sniffle, not believing him.

Why else would they take me other than to hurt me? Why is he suddenly being so gentle and sweet?