Chapter Nine

Evelyn's POV

"Okay, darling. Are you done eating?" Zayn asks me as I finish the last of the macaroni and cheese we're eating for lunch.

"Yes." I reply.

Why does he have to be so sweet? I've been trying to make myself hate him, but I just can't. He's too gentle and loving with me for me to hate him. 

If Harry saw me now, I don't know what he'd think. But I'm sure he'd be upset if while he was searching far and wide for me, I've been enjoying myself in my kidnapper's arms.

The fact that I can't help liking it here is a serious problem.

If you told me a few months ago that I would love being a gang leaders baby, I would've laughed in your face. I never saw this life for myself, but I kind of enjoy it.

"Okay, baby. One of my friends is coming over today. He's a doctor and I asked him to come over to take a look at you and make sure your healthy. Is that alright, love?" Zayn tells me as he sets me on the couch beside him.

A doctor? I'm perfectly healthy, I don't need to see a doctor!

"O-Ok."

"He should be here any minute, but until then you can watch some cartoons."

Ten minutes into Doc McStuffins, the doorbell rings. Zayn rushes to the door and opens it to reveal a surprisingly attractive man. He looks nice.

"Lucas! Come in! Great to see you!" Zayn greets the man.

"Thanks you too. Now where's the little one I'm taking a look at today?" He asks. 

"Evie baby, come in here, please!"

I run in the room and hide behind Zayn's legs.

"She's a little shy." Zayn says.

"That's alright, I understand. Why don't we head into the living room and get to know each other a little better before we start our little check-up." Lucas suggests.

Zayn agrees.

Soon we're all sitting on the couch as Lucas asks me several questions. Favorite color, favorite toy, favorite ice cream flavor, things like that. He's nice, but I'm still hesitant.

"How about let's get started now. Is that alright with you, Evelyn?" Lucas asks me.

I look to Zayn with wide eyes.

I hate meeting new people and I'm terrified of doctors. 

Seeing him slide on the white coat and pull out different tools make me jump onto Zayn's lap and cling to him for dear life. 

"What's the matter, little one?" Zayn asks gently as he rubs my back.

I shake my head.

"If you don't tell Daddy what's wrong he can't fix it. What's wrong, baby?"

"S-Scared of d-doctors." I whisper. 

"You're scared of doctors?" I nod. "Oh, there's nothing to be afraid of, love. Lucas is just gonna make sure your healthy. He's not gonna do anything without your consent, okay? Nothing scary."

"P-Promise?"

"Promise."

"Can you come sit over here next to me? I'm just gonna check your heartbeat." Lucas says.

Zayn sets me down next to Lucas. Lucas takes out his stethoscope and I freak again.

"Daddy! Daddy!" I shout. 

He comes over and picks me up. Tears fall down my cheeks. I cling to him again and this time I won't let go.

"How about you sit in your daddy's lap while I do my thing, okay? I know your daddy won't let anything happen to you. Right, Zayn?" Lucas says.

"That's right. Daddy will be here to protect you, okay? I love you, baby girl." Zayn kisses my cheek. 

"O-Okay. But s-stay w-wif D-Daddy only." I whisper.

"You're staying with Daddy, baby. Nothing to worry about."

Everything checks out. I only have a small cold coming on. Lucas gave Daddy some medicine for me to take in my bottles. 

I called him Daddy. I called him that-that word and I liked it. I know I said it before when Charlotte was over, but now it feels right. 

But what about Harry? What would he say about me calling my kidnapper Daddy?

After watching Snow White, Zayn declares it's bedtime. After fixing my bottle with my new medicine in it, he carries me up the stairs and sets us onto the rocking chair in my nursery. 

He cradles me before slipping the bottle into my mouth. 

I love the bottles, it's the one part of all of this I know I love. 

There's another part of this I'm maybe starting to love, the man who goes by Daddy.

I hope you enjoyed this update!

I have a few questions for y'all:

1) What did you think of Dr. Lucas?

2) Do you think Evelyn's medicine has anything to do with Zayn's call last update?

Don't forget to hit the little star at the bottom to show you loved it! Thanks!

~Abbie Grace