Chapter Three

I woke up to a pounding in my head. 

"My head huurts..." I whine as I stretch my body out from sleep.

After doing so, my foot hits something and that's when I open my eyes.

I see an assortment of stuffed animals and children's toys littered across the room. And is that a changing table? Why does it look big enough to fit me? I look down and see I'm in a crib. A freaking crib! 

How did this happen? The last thing I remember was Zayn giving me a drink and then... He drugged me. 

I move to try and get out when I hear an odd squishy noise that can only be described as the crinkle of a diaper and it came from me! 

He gave me a sippy cup last night. Does this Zayn guy want me to be some type of over-sized baby?

A few tears roll down my cheeks and soon those drops come together to make a waterfall running down my face. I want to go home. I want to see Harry. I-

"Good morning, little one. Did you sleep well?" Zayn asks as he walks in the nursery.

"No I didn't b-because you d-drugged me! And you p-put me i-in a baby room and I'm not a baby!" I squeal.

"Yes you are, angel. You're Daddy's baby girl."

"No I'm not! I'm not a baby! I just wanna go home with Harry!" I start crying all over again.

"Shh, shh. Stop those tears now, love. You're going to make yourself sick." He picks me up out of the crib and gently bounces me up and down while soothingly rubbing my back. He successfully calms me down. 

"I'm sure you're a little confused, but Daddy will explain everything after breakfast, okay?" He asks. "And after that we'll have a tour of the house. How does that sound, baby?"

"No! No! I don't want to, I want to go home! I don't want to be a part of this sick game you want me to play! I'm nineteen years old, I'm not a baby so stop treating me like one!" I scream.

I can't deal with this bullshit. I'm not some stupid baby that's gonna obey his every command.

"This is your home now. You're my baby girl and I'm your daddy. Harry is not a part of this, do you understand?" He says sternly.

"NO!" I thrash in his hold and scream at the top of my lungs. 

I want to get out of here. I want Harry to find me and tell me everything's gonna be okay.

Zayn slowly rocks me back and forth in his arms like he did before and tries to soothe me which I must admit worked a little bit.

"There's no reason to get so worked up, little one. All you're doing is making yourself more tired." He says.

He's right. If I have any hope of escaping I'll need a lot of energy and screaming and fighting this much is not going to help me.

So I decide to let him carry me the rest of the journey to the kitchen.

From what I've seen of the house so far, it's beautiful. Everywhere you turn there's something that catches your eye. The sparkle of the chandeliers, your reflection in the marble floor, the beautiful detailing on the walls... Everything is just so pretty.

"You like the house, baby doll?" Zayn asks as he sets me down in a chair.

It's not until he straps me in and pulls a plastic tray up in front of me that I realize something is odd about the chair.

"No! Let me out! No! I'm not a baby!" I shout and bang my fists on the tray.

I said I was gonna stop fighting but a high chair is too far. 

"Evelyn, look at me." Zayn states. I hesitantly make eye contact with his brown ones. "You're okay. Everything is alright. I'm not going to hurt you, I never will. You're safe here with me, I promise. Harry's not gonna find you and you're not escaping. This is your home now you should make the best of it. Everything I'm doing is for your benefit. You'll love this life if you just give it a shot."

"I don't w-wanna be a-a baby." I say, scared by his outburst. 

Harry is gonna find me... right??

Tears fill my eyes at the thought of staying here as Zayn's baby forever. As the tears roll down my cheeks he lifts me up out of the chair and into his arms.

"We'll try some food later, okay? We'll start with a bottle and a movie." Zayn says as he lays me down on the couch. 

He walks to the cabinet next to the TV and pulls out some movies.

"You can pick. We'll watch whatever you want." He encourages me as I scan through all the Disney and other children's movies that I secretly love.

"I- Cinderella please." I squeak, cowering back into the couch.

I pushed my limits earlier with the outbursts, I don't want that to happen again.

"Okay princess." He puts the DVD in the player before walking to the kitchen. He comes back with a baby's bottle in his hand. 

Zayn picks me up and sets me on his lap right as the movie starts. Although I'm uncomfortable with the position, I try to focus on one of my favorite Disney movies of all time.

A few minutes in, Zayn pulls out the bottle. He cradles me with my head rested in his elbow. I stare up at him with wide eyes as he brings the bottle closer to my lips.

"Look how yummy this looks, Evie. It's nice warm milk ready for a little girl to drink some!"

I turn my head away even though he makes it sound so good. 

And why did I just like that he gave me a nickname?

"C'mon, baby. I know you're thirsty." He urges.

It's stupid of me not to. I need to get the dryness out of my throat so I can escape. I'm not giving into him really.

He lowers the bottle towards my lips again and this time I latch on. I suck on it and am immediately surprised by how good it is. It has a hint of vanilla that makes it so much better.

I've always loved a warm glass of milk, I just can't resist it.

As I drink, I watch the movie and slowly my eyes start to feel heavy. 

With Zayn's slow rocking and the warmth of the milk, I gradually fall asleep in my kidnappers lap.

The last thing I think before slipping into unconsciousness is maybe he isn't so bad after all.