Twenty-Two

Harry was walking along the road on his own to school like he did every morning. He was smiling to himself as he walked, he'd been looking forward to this day for a long time. He had big plans for what was happening.

He shoved his hands in his pockets and heard a screech from a little voice behind him. "Harry" he heard someone shout. He turned around to see a little blonde figure running towards him. He squinted trying to make out who the figure was. He recognised the little features. He ran towards her with his arms open "Daisy" he shouted.

He bent down and she threw herself in his arms. He picked her up, she was hugging him tightly. "I missed you Harry" she whispered in his ear. He moved her round to his hip so he could whisper back in her ear. "I missed you more beautiful".

A very flustered Louis ran up behind her holding the hand of another girl identical to Daisy. "For goodness sake Daisy you shouldn't do that to me" he panted. He noticed Harry and scowled. "Oh of course you're here right now" he scoffed. Harry placed Daisy on the floor and waved at Phoebe who hugged his leg. "Always a ray of sunshine aren't you Lou" he said before turning away and walking off.

Louis felt bad for upsetting him but never wanted to admit to it. "Where's Harry going?" Phoebe asked watching him walk away. "I don't know love" he replied taking her hand. "I like Harry" Daisy stated grabbing his other hand. "Yeah me too" he replied flicking his highlighted fringe out of his eye.

-

Harry walked into the classroom slumping down on an empty chair. He glanced up and saw Louis looking at him from the other side of the room. Niall nudged him in the ribs making him turn to him "are you really pissed off?" he mouthed. Harry shook his head wiggling his eyebrows at him.

They watched various groups presentations, clapping at the points they needed to. Niall, Zayn, Calum and Josh's presentation on Ireland wasn't half as bad as he thought. Other than the argument half way through over what the best country in the world was it went pretty well.

"Group E?" Miss Spindle asked. Harry stood up in his tight trousers and walked over to the front.

"Our presentation is on the discrimination against gays, purely thought of because my big brother is gay and I don't like the way he is treated sometimes" Perrie stated opening up the presentation.

"Go on Lukey" Michael shouted from the audience making Luke nod at him and forget what he was going to say.

It was all going pretty well until the video of Louis and Harry dancing came on. Louis genuinely felt chocked up watching how happy they both looked. There was also footage of them messing around when they went to town to interview people, it was a windy day and they'd done the titanic pose. Louis' eyes glistened as he watched the footage back. He had to bite down on the insides of his cheeks to make sure he didn't lose it.

The clip of Luke and Harry rapping to macklemore made him smile. It was like this video footage was telling him something, that he'd made a stupid mistake. The video ended and Louis looked down at his cue cards to read what he needed to say.

"Love knows no boundaries" he started sounding a bit shaky. "You can't help who you fall in love with. And just because you have the same parts as them doesn't mean you're classed any less of a couple than two people with the different parts. Someone doesn't choose to be gay, some people never discover it, because they don't find that one person that makes them happy. And just because you're the same gender means absolutely nothing"

He nodded at the audience. He still had to bite down on his cheeks to restrain himself. The audience actually stood up to applaud them. They were the first group to get a standing ovation. Even the two teachers stood up and clapped them. The four students stood next to each other and bowed. Standing back up they pulled each other into a group hug jumping around.

Louis sat back down in his seat next to Liam. "I thought you were gonna lose it watching that footage" louis widened his eyes at him. "You noticed that?" he asked. Liam nodded patting his arm "only because you're my best friend, I can tell when you're upset". Louis nodded running his hands through his highlighted fringe fluffing it up.

-

Eleanor walked over to Louis and sat next to him. "Are you ready for later babe?" she asked. Louis nodded not looking at her. "What time do you need picking up?" he asked her, still not making eye contact.

"Uhm 8ish I guess" she replied pecking his cheek. He nodded this time turning to face her and smiling. "What colours your dress?" he asked. Genuinely interested so he could decide what shirt to wear. "Navy blue with a burgundy ribbon round the waist". Louis nodded mentally noting to wear burgundy.

"Alright love I'll see you later" he said turning back to Liam. She nodded getting up and walking off.

Harry had been listening in to the conversation Louis was having with Eleanor. He heard the colour burgundy being mentioned a lot so took it as their colour. He grinned to himself thinking about what was going to happen later, if it all goes to plan.

-

Niall was sprawled out on Harry's bed watching him go through his wardrobe. He kept making stupid comments on how flustered Harry looked, Harry took it upon himself to throw shoes at him.

"Louis said burgundy, I have a burgundy tie somewhere" he said going through his drawers. Niall nodded looking through Harry's laptop.

Harry pulled out a burgundy tie. "Bingo" he said under his breath as he pulled it out. "Are you wearing a jacket or just shirt?" he asked his best friend. Niall glanced up from the laptop. "Just a shirt because it's going to be so hot in the room". Harry nodded trying to find some black dress trousers.

Harry was stood in his boxers going through his drawers. Niall was already dressed in his navy blue trousers and very light pink top. Niall looked really good this evening, he had his hair quiffed and was wearing a dark pink bow tie that Harry's mum did up for him.

"Awh Niall" Harry said looking at him. Harry had known him since he was 8 years old and had never once seen him in a suit. He buttoned up his white shirt, which was black along the collars and cuffs, putting on his burgundy tie. He shoved himself in his very tight trousers and stood brushing himself down. He also had his hair slightly pushed back to the side. He and Niall sprayed themselves with some kind of aftershave and stood in Harry's kitchen.

"Look at you both" Harry's mother cooed. "I remember your first day of secondary school me and Maura took a picture of you both with your arms round each other. And now look how much you've grown". Both boys grinned at each other. They put their arms round their waists pulling a similar pose to what they did when they were 11. They also did a stupid pose where Niall held one of Harry's legs and they pouted.

His mother licked her finger and started to flatten down Niall's eyebrows. Harry found it cute how his mother and best friend had such a good relationship. "Harry don't let Niall out of your sight" she warned her son. Harry nodded grinning at Niall who stuck his bottom lip out. "And if either of you get up to anything please, please use protection". Both boys nodded saying goodbye and wandering down to school to meet their 'dates'

(A/N in the next chapter it's all going to happen. Good or Bad? Wait and see)