21 years later

The front door slammed making Harry look up from his work. A teenager who looked very much like Louis did when he was a teenager stormed into the Kitchen. "What did that door ever do to you?" he asked. James just glared at him opening the fridge. "Why is there no decent food in here?".

Harry stood up next to his son who was almost as tall as him. "I'll go shopping later. And where's your sister?". James sighed sitting down on the kitchen counter. "She's on her way... but she's having someone round tonight". Harry shut the fridge frowning at his sixteen year old son. "What Katie? but she was round last night". James shook his head. "Nah... it's her boyfriend". Harry spat out the tea he was drinking. "Boyfriend?" he asked. James nodded.

"Yeah he's called Noah". Harry frowned "oh yeah what's he like? Didn't you used to know a kid called Noah". The teenager made a disgusted face thinking about him. "Put it this way, I hate his guts and I know Dad will too". Harry faintly smiled getting out his phone. He dropped Louis a quick text explaining to him what was happening so he knew. "Is he a player?" Harry asked. James nodded eating a biscuit he'd found in the cupboard. "Yeah, he's a fucker and a chucker". A frown formed on his face "language" he said giving James a warning who just rolled his eyes.

The front door opened, both Harry and James looked to see who was coming in. Louis stormed into the house swearing loudly at the fact he fell over some shoes and walked into the kitchen. "Where is she?" he demanded. James smirked at him. "Not in yet". Louis nodded. "Why are you back so soon?" harry asked. Louis glared at him "I found out who this punks father was". Harry widened his eyes looking back at James. "Who's his dad Jim?" he asked. The teenager looked slightly panicked at not telling him sooner. "Well his name is Noah Grimshaw". Harry's face turned into a scowl. "Grimshaw?" he asked. James nodded taking another bite of his biscuit.

"What is she doing why is she taking so long?". James bit his lip looking at his parents. "what?" Harry asked looking at him. Louis sighed "don't tell me she's pregnant because I will kill her" he threatened. James smirked "nah don't worry you idiots she's not pregnant she's never done anything with a boy like that". Louis raised his eyebrows "really?". His son nodded frowning at him. "Yeah not everyone was like you dad". Louis ruffled his hair and walked down the room to the fridge. "Well we all know like father like son" he replied making Harry laugh. They both looked at James who had gone red in the cheeks.

Harry looked at him sympathetically "just be safe yeah? I don't want any grandchildren just yet". James nodded smiling sheepishly at his parents. "But didn't you two meet each other around my age". Harry shook his head "I hated him at this age but we were 18". Their son nodded again "it's weird to think you hated each other". Harry smiled at the memory but quickly stopped when they heard the front door open.

"Is anyone home?" a voice called out. The three of them argued over who was going to answer but then decided on Louis to go first. louis walked out of the kitchen into the hallway to see his curly haired daughter standing next to a boy who sadly was the spitting image of his father. "Mr Tomlinson" he said smiling at Louis. Louis glared at him "yeah whatever, why are you late Darcy?" he asked his daughter who had gone red in the cheeks. "Dad this is Noah, uh is Pops home? I didn't see his car" she replied. Louis crossed his arms over his chest frowning at her "you didn't answer the question". She tugged at her ponytail, trying to look cute by smiling with her dimples thinking it would make her dad give in.

"Darcy that's not going to work. I was a teenager once, I know how this all works" he said glaring at the boy she was standing next to. "Yeah like in the Stone Age". He frowned at her. "Harry" he shouted down the hallway. Harry walked into the hall smiling at his daughter and Noah. "You called?" he asked. Louis scowled at him. "Deal with Mrs PMT" he said storming off. "I do not have PMT dad" she shouted after him. Harry shrugged at the two of them trying to smile.

He looked between the two of them. "Uh are you alright?" he asked. Darcy nodded "yeah, hi Pops" she said smiling at Harry, she'd always been a Papas girl "uh... can we go to my room". Harry opened his mouth to speak before he heard a shout "only if she has the door open" louis shouted from the other room. Harry looked back at the two of them "captains orders I'm sorry". Darcy groaned before pulling the boy up the stairs after her.

-

"They've been up there for two hours now" Louis pointed out to Harry. It was just them sat in the living room as James was in the games room over the hall. "They're fine, the door is open and I'm pretty sure he's terrified of you" Harry reassured.

"Yeah but we were teenagers once, I remember how this shit works" he sighed. Harry smiled "yeah you were always too noisy to be sneaky though". Louis slapped him with the TV remote. Hysterical laughter was heard from upstairs making them both look at each other. "Is he tickling her?" Louis asked with wide eyes. Harry covered his mouth with his hand to stop his laughter.

James slumped himself down on the sofa opposite. Another scream was heard from upstairs. He looked at the ceiling then at his parents. "Are you going to do something about that?". Harry ran his fingers through his hair "what's the worse that could happen?". James sprawled his long frame over the sofa, he looked like Louis but he definitely had Harry's physic. "I don't know that she has sex and gets pregnant and you have to become civil with his parents". Louis frowned jumping up off the sofa and running up the stairs. Harry just glared at James who shrugged.

The bedroom door was shut when Louis got to the top. He didn't even bother to knock he just opened the door. He glanced round the room to see his daughter sitting between the boys legs leaning on him looking through a photo album. "What's going on?" he asked looking down at them. "Dad what are you doing here?" she asked. "Whys the door shut?". Darcy made an o shape with her mouth and stood up to face her father. "Dad, stop over reacting". Louis glared at the boy who was sitting on her bedroom floor then back at Darcy.

"Keep the door open and if I hear anymore screaming. What was that screaming? no don't tell me. Just keep it down". Darcy nodded smiling at her dad "oh and Noah" he said looking back at the boy who nodded at him. "Out by seven, she's grounded". He stormed back down the stairs into the living room.