Twenty-Four

(A/N last chapter ahhh. Then it's the epilogue. There's going to be a few because I had fun writing them ok ily)

After prom was finished Harry took Louis' hand and walked along with him. It was dark out, the moon was bright. It was a warm evening for England. Louis genuinely felt content for the first time in his life. Holding Harry's hand walking along felt completely normal to him.

Harry slightly squeezed Louis' hand as they walked along. Swinging their arms as they walked. "I still haven't met your mum" Louis hummed walking along. He'd taken off his shoes because they were killing him and was walking bare foot. He kept having to hop over bits of gravel so he didn't hurt himself. "She's dying to meet you". Louis raised his eyebrows. "She knows?" he asked.

Harry nodded pushing his lips together. Louis tripped slightly on a stone, stubbing his bare foot on the floor. He cursed under his breath to look down at his sore foot. Harry also looked down sympathetically. He grabbed the smaller boy up and carried him bridal style. "I can walk you know" he mumbled adjusting himself in Harry's arms. "Yeah but I promised you I'd never let you go". Louis sighed remembering his promise. He un-did his tight shirt because from the way Harry was holding him it was pulling.

They walked passed Louis' road with the feathered haired boy looking round confused when Harry walked straight passed. "Uh... my house is there" he said pointing. Harry nodded "i know". Louis wiggled his way out of Harry's grip making him put him down. Harry grabbed on to his arm "you're coming with me" he said wiggling his eyebrows. Louis let out a tired laugh "your mums at home, I can't do that". Harry licked his lips looking at his boyfriend. "Says the boy who did it on a changing room floor".

The smaller boy folder his arms in protest "that's rude" he said pretend scowling at him. Harry had his back to the moon so it looked like he had a halo surrounding him. Louis dropped the scowl and just looked at him in awe. "No funny business I promise" he said sticking his hand out for the boy to hold. Louis sighed grabbing his hand and walking down the road.

-

"Mum?" Harry said shoving his front door open. He pulled Louis in the house behind him and shut the door.

A woman who looked just like Harry walked out of the kitchen. They had the same eyes Louis thought as he took his first glance at her. The woman's face instantly softened as soon as she laid eyes on the boy. "Louis" she said walking up to him and holding his arms. "Hello Mrs Twist" he replied smiling. "It's Anne" she said pulling the boy into a right hug. Louis stiffened at first but hugged her back.

Anne stood back to look closer at Louis. She still had a soft smile plastered over her face. "You're taller than I expected" she said smiling. Louis turned to frown at Harry. "You made out that I was short?". Harry shrugged his shoulders at him making his mother laugh. "He said that he towered over you" Anne said pushing him next to Harry so she could examine their heights. "It's not that much of a difference" Louis grinned standing on his tip toes so he was the same height as Harry.

The brown haired woman walked off into the kitchen. "Come on Louis" she said softly behind her "I need to get to know my sons boyfriend". Louis grinned walking off behind her leaving Harry standing in the hallway feeling ecstatic that they already got on so well.

-

"And this is him wearing Gemma's clothes". Louis bent down closer to look at the picture of Harry. He started to laugh at the sight of a 6 year old Harry wearing girls clothes. "Why are you squinting at it Lou?" Harry asked looking at the boy who was bent down squinting. "Need my glasses" he mumbled looking back at the picture.

"Your mum has glasses doesn't she" Anne asked. Louis nodded slowly "yeah.. you know my mum?" he asked. Anne smiled at him nodding. "Jays a midwife, I've seen her walking round the hospital a few times". Louis nodded "yeah, well she's going to be out of work for a bit now". Anne smiled looking at another baby picture of Harry. "I bet the twins are so cute" she said sipping at her tea. Louis got out his phone to show her a picture, the woman cooed at them. "I'd love to meet them" she said. Louis looked at Harry who smiled at him "well I mean you both could drop by tomorrow after school, if that's what you'd like". Anne pulled Louis into another hug squeezing him tightly. "You did well here Harry" she said giving him another squeeze "he's a keeper"

Louis beamed at Harry and his mother smiling at him. He looked up at the clock on the wall which said 1:30am. "I really should be getting home" he stated getting up from his chair. Harry nodded getting up with him.

"It was lovely to meet you my love" His mother said rubbing his arm. Louis kissed her cheek "I can tell where Harry gets his good looks from" he joked making Anne smile even more. "I'll see you tomorrow" she said to him. Louis nodded walking out the door with Harry following him.

Harry walked him out of the road so he'd be able to watch him cross the road and walk down his own. Louis stood up on his tip toes and kissed Harry gently on the lips. He pulled back but Harry grabbed him by the shirt pulling him in again. "I miss you" he said when they eventually pulled away. Louis frowned at him "I'm standing in front of you". Harry nodded pushing his lips together. "Yeah but I won't see you till tomorrow morning".

Louis slapped his arm and walked across the road. "I love you Louis" Harry shouted after him and he approached his turning. "I love you too dickhead" he shouted back. Harry stuck his bottom lip out and watched Louis walk away.