Chapter 25

Thank you for 16,000 reads!

I gasped as we walked out into the backyard. The veto competition was a Christmas wonderland. I don't know who is more excited, Corey or I.

"Welcome to your first day of work at the North Pole!" Natalie cheered as we stood in our designated spots, this is a mental comp so we have dividers between all of the players.

"Your responsibility is to keep inventory! You have a few minutes to count everything in each room. Starting now!"

We all walked over to each room. I'm pretty excited because I know this competition well. There are smaller amounts of items next to bigger amounts of items. It's the infamous counting comp.

As Natalie called us back I walked behind Paul.

"Aw, my balls." He said as parts of his costume fell off. I laughed as he went back to pick them up.

   "You will need to earn three candy canes! To earn a candy cane I will ask you a question about one of the rooms and each answer is always a number. You will write down what you think is the correct amount and then you will all reveal your answer. After hearing everyone's answer you must decide if you want to 'stay' or 'fold' if you fold you won't earn a candy cane but will stick around for the next question. If you stay and you're closest to the answer you will earn a candy cane. Be warned! If you stay and you're the furthest away from the answer, you will be eliminated. Are you ready to play Santa's little counters?"

• • •

James was out first and Nicole and I earned were the only ones with candy canes, Nicole having one more than I.

"One billion." Corey read off his answer.

I accidentally started laughing loudly and Paul joined me as Nicole questioned, "Wait seriously?"

After hearing everyone else's answers I decided to stay.

"Only Paul has decided to fold!" Natalie said.

"Oh my god, Corey!" I said with tears in my eyes.

"The correct answer is 1,879. That means Rosa has earned her second candy cane! Corey you have been eliminated."

Michelle and Paul are at zero candy canes and Nicole and I now have two each.

• • •

"How many bears are on the table?"

I feel like I have been estimating pretty well, I quickly wrote down 116.

Paul guessed 115, Michelle guessed 103 and Nicole guessed 114.

I know Nicole will stay so, I decide to stay.

"Paul has decided to fold. It's down to Michelle, Rosa and Nicole... the correct answer is 139 bears!"

I laughed loudly, "Rosa wins her third candy cane making her tonight's veto winner. Congratulations Rosa!" I went over to Natalie as she placed the necklace around my neck.

"Woohoo!" Paul cheered as he picked me up and spun me around.

• • •