Chapter 8- Birthday Parties & First Dances

"Rebecca, please open the door." Jessy's father voice boomed loudly.

My eyes feel as if there's a blur film over them mostly because I opened my eyes only seconds ago. I don't even have to think twice to know that Jessy is already rolling her eyes without actually physically seeing her.

Last night was a crazy one because Jessy invited us over to sleep at her house like right after we got to Rebecca's. So we decided to go over so we can hangout all day and then get ready for her party later tonight. 

Somehow the three of ended up sleeping on the floor. Thankfully we were smart enough to hangout with a few blankets and pillows around us  after our long very much needed girl session.

"Jessy!" Both of her parents shout for the fifth time this morning. And yes each time it got louder and louder- I think my head is actually starting to spin because of it.

My eyes soon become adjusted to the baby blue painted walls and as my eyes continue to wander there stood Jessy in her favorite cheetah patterned onesie. She marches her way over to her bedroom door and doesn't even hesitate to swing it open.

"It's like seven in the morning." She groans tiredly with a rub of her eyes.

The two ignore her comment as they engulf her into one big tight group hug. "Happy Birthday sweetie!"

Jessy's face washes over with realization that it's her big eighteen and lets out a wholeheartedly laugh. So much joy and sincerity is now written on her face as she squeezes them back.

I smiled at the cute gesture before reaching for my phone that was besides me to check the time.

I had a great time with you last night.
~ Liam sent at 7:50 a.m.

Whoa. Did last night actually happen?

I'm still in sort of shock that any of that went down.

Never in a million years did I actually believe that I would share a moment— scratch that! An entire night with the quarterback of my school.

More specifically someone I couldn't stand for so long. Now I can't even imagine my life hating someone whose been so kind to me recently.

It was amazing. . . Before I ruined it and decided to friend zone him.

Me too :) Who knew that you and I could actually get along better than Ryan and Rebecca would aha!
~ Giana sent at 8:30 a.m.

As soon as my finger hit sent another message came through.

Can't say that I'm disappointed by that ;)
~ Liam sent at 8:31 a.m.

A giggle tumbles out of my lips as I stared down at the message.

Why does a simple message make my heart skip? A simple message with a cute little wink at the end that I can picturize on that handsome face of his.

I've tried plenty of times to warn myself to stay away from Liam. To stay away and build my walls but whenever I'm around him I can't help but do the complete opposite.

It's like my heart doesn't know how to act when I'm around him.

"Earth to Giana!" Rebecca exclaimed as she waved a hand in front of my face.