Chapter 30- Bets & Threats

"You're so cute." Liam chuckles, placing a delicate yet warm kiss on my cheek that left a lingering tingle when he pulls away.

"Why's that?" I tease, leaning my head on him as we now walk hand in hand towards the student parking lot where everyone usually meets up before leaving.

"You're confidence in class, the way you stuck up for yourself — I like it." He gives me a sincere smile and I roll my eyes in attempt to hide the smile that so badly wanted to come out just by looking at him.

Gosh his smile is literally contagious.

Once we made it out the two giant doors, Justin a guy from chemistry class seems to call Liam over. The two of us stop in our tracks and I stand in front of him. "I'll talk to you later?"

Liam scrunches his eyebrows in confusion and never unlaces my fingers from his. "You don't want to hangout with me and the guys?"

Honestly I don't care if he hangs out with his friends once in a while over me. It doesn't really bother me since we do spend a lot of time together.

He never complains when my friends want to hangout one on one with only me. So, I feel like it's only fair if he hangs out with his too.

I just don't want to come off as some possessive and aggressive girlfriend when he's with his friends.

"No, it's cool. Emma is probably waiting for me anyways." I smile and he nods his head understandingly as he gives me one last tight hug.

"Alright, but I'm holding you to a date this week then."

"You got it."

Liam and I parted ways and I make my way over to Rebecca who was standing next to her car only a few feet away.

"Hey sexy." She winks.

"Hey right back at ya." I giggle as I now lean onto her white car while we wait there for Jessy and Emma to show up.

"Your boyfriend is looking extra drool worthy in that shirt today if I do say so myself." Rebecca sighs dreamily, fanning herself off dramatically. I lightly swat her arm with a playful roll of my eyes at her remark.

I now can't help but gaze over at Liam since she brought him up, my eyes automatically taking in what shirt he's wearing to see what she's talking about. He's wearing a tight black t-shirt that has our school's name written across it, along with the word 'football' directly under it to show that he's a part of the team. But of course Liam being Liam, he cut the sleeves off, so he could show off his muscles like he's always done sine junior year.

"Are you hitting on my boyfriend?" I question with a pout, pretending to be offended by placing a dramatic hand on my chest.

"Totally." She remarks sarcastically with a snort of a laugh.

Even though Rebecca and I are talking my eyes can't help but still be firmly glued on the boy who has my whole heart.

Isn't it funny when you get to know somebody you learn habits that they have? Even if they don't specifically tell you what there are.

Liam looks a little uncomfortable with something that they seem to be talking about which is a huge surprise because he's never the uncomfortable type about anything.