Chapter 5 - Mind Your Own Business

Summer's POV

When I woke up, I was super excited because we were going to the mall! Yes! We don't go to the mall often since we have nothing we really need to buy. But since school was coming closer, we wanted to get some more clothes.

The Star Squad and Ethan were coming with us so I wouldn't be stuck alone with my brothers. Adam called them yesterday so they would know to come at 9:30. It was 9:00, so I jumped on Jake to wake him up.

"Wakey Wakey! Jakey Jakey!" I screamed in his ear. He rolled over on his side and started tickling me until I couldn't breathe. "That's what you get for waking me up so early," he said. "We're going to the mall today!" I said. "Oh yeah!" Jake said excitedly. He loved collecting shoes, but he hasn't gotten many lately since our parents left.

I grabbed Jake's hand and dragged him downstairs. My brothers were all eating scrambled eggs and bacon. "Mmm," I said sniffing the food. "I'm glad you like it," Andrew said while smashing the plate into my face. "Food fi-" Victor started to say, only to be cut off by Adam. "Not now! Summer's friends are going to be here soon so just eat your breakfast," Adam said sternly. "Fine," Victor mumbled while I snorted.

Next to me, I heard Ryan yelp. "What was that for, man?" Ryan whined. "Oh sorry, that was meant for Summer," Andrew said. He then kicked me in the shins and I bit my tongue to control the pain. I didn't want them to get the satisfaction of knowing that they annoyed me.

"Okay kiddos, you guys can each go to whatever you store you want to, but meet us in the food court at 12:00. You each get $150 to spend, and that includes food. Got it?" Adam said. "Yes sir!" I said saluting. "Good, now get dressed," he said.

I walked up to my room and looked in my closet to pick something to wear. I decided on a short sleeve, tie dye hoodie with some white denim shorts. I went to the bathroom and Dutch braided my hair in one braid down my back. After looking at my outfit for the day, I gave myself a nod of approval and put on my flip flops.

I heard a ring from the front door, so I went to answer it. "Hi Buttface!" Ethan said. "Sup Buttwipe," I responded. We walked into the living room and watched some TV until we heard another ring. Jake opened the door and there stood Riley, Autumn, and Tyler. I stood up to greet them and brought them to meet Ethan. When Ethan saw Autumn, she blushed a bit, which in turn made Ethan do the same. Woah, woah, woah! What happened to Auley? There can't be an Authum! I gave Ethan a look saying which said to back off. He put his hands up in surrender and I smiled.

"Are you guys ready?" Adam called. "Yup!" I said happily. Jake took me and my friends while Adam took the rest of my brothers. Then we started a heated debate on which superhero was better: Batman or Superman.

"No way! Batman is way better!" I said. "Nuh uh. Superman can run super fast and he can fly. I don't think Batman can do that!" Riley argued. "Well at least Batman won't be defeated by some Kryptonite!" Tyler said. "You're right! He'll just be defeated by some crazy clown dude!" Autumn protested. This went on the entire car ride until we got to the mall.

We met up with the rest of my brothers and we headed inside. "Where are you guys headed off to?" Adam asked. "Dick's" I said. "And don't you want them," Parker whispered so that only I could hear. I stomped on his foot which made him grab it and hop up and down. Serves him right!

My friends and I went to Dick's to shop around. Ethan went with Riley and Tyler while I went with Autumn. She was more of a volleyball person, so we went to that section first.

"What color spandex should I get?" Autumn asked. "The black one with a yellow rim," I said after looking at them. "I agree," she responded while nodding. She grabbed them in her size. She also got a white tank top that said, 'Just Do It.' We made our way over to the basketball section. I got some white basketball shorts with black accents and some red athletic shorts.