Chapter 17 - Can I Be Drunk Too?

Summer's POV

"Are you sure we have enough champagne?" Victor asked.

"Positive, and why do you care? You can't drink it anyway," Adam replied. Victor shifted uncomfortably and fiddled with his fingers as Adam sighed. He knew as well as the rest of us that all my brothers go out to parties and get drunk. But there was really nothing Adam could do about it. I mean sure, he could "ban" drinking, but they wouldn't listen. Plus, we all knew that Adam used to be just like them, but now he's more mature. At least that's what he says...

We were setting up for our annual New Year's Eve party. Every year, we invited some of our neighbors and friends to come to our house for a party. We ate and drink and waited for the new year. We didn't really play any games because none of us really cared to. Actually, scratch that. We do play games, but just really stupid ones.

"What time is it?" Adam asked. I hastily took my phone from my back pocket and said the time.

"3:24," I said. Ever since I got my phone, I would always be telling my brothers the time. I loved showing off my new phone and sometimes I would just stare at it. I was literally that obsessed with my phone. My brothers added me to their group chat, and I have all of their contacts. I also have Autumn, Riley, Tyler and Josh's contacts. I was the last one of my friends to get a phone.

"You guys better hurry it up. The guests are going to be arriving soon," Blake said smugly from the kitchen. I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Remind me again why he isn't helping," I groaned.

"Because he has clean up duty," Adam answered.

"Why can't he do both?"

"Do you want to do both?" Jake reasoned.

"Touché."

My brothers chuckled and we continued to set up for the party. I was in charge of the party favors. I decided on popcorn, a party hat, and a small bag of confetti to open when it was 2018. I also did the playlist since I wanted to have an excuse to use my phone. I love my baby... almost as much as my teddy bear. Almost.

Speaking of my teddy bear...

"Blakey!" I yelled.

"What?" Blake asked annoyed.

"Can you get Oscar please?"

"What?"

"Oscar!"

"What the hell is that?"

"My bear! Can you get him?"

"Get it yourself!"

"Noooo!"

"Fine," Blake finally said. He stomped upstairs, making his irritation evident.

"Thank you!" I called up to him. When he appeared at the stairs, he took Oscar and threw him down. I caught him easily and gave my furry friend a big hug. Blake, your gift was awesome, but Parker's gift outshines yours any day.

"Summer, do you have that playlist ready?" Adam asked.

"Yeah," I responded. I skipped over to Adam and scrolled through the songs I chose.

"No, no, and no," Adam said with a fake smile.

"Why not?" I complained.

"Riley's little sister is going to be there. Do you really want her to come home dropping f-bombs?" Adam said.

"Well, that would be pretty funny. Riley would sure get a kick out of it," I said smiling. My smile dropped once I saw Adam's face.