Chapter 16 - And the Oscar Goes to...

Summer's POV

Welcome Christmas, while we stand, heart to heart, and hand in hand.
I wiped an imaginary tear as the last scene of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" played on. I'd been up for the past five or so hours having a Christmas movie marathon. I watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "The Polar Express," "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "Arthur's Perfect Christmas," and "Home Alone" while snuggled up in my blanket like a burrito and feasting on some stale Chip's Ahoy cookies. Yup, I know what you're thinking. Wow Summer, you have the dream life! Yeah, I know. But not everyone can be like me. Okay, I'll cut the act now. But I should really be awarded with an Oscar for my acting skills.

I stretched my arms above my head and made the equivalent of a whale mating call sound. I can act and I'm attractive? I'm like a package deal!

But for real, I bet China could have heard me.

I sighed and wrapped the blanket around me tighter and checked to see the time on Jake's laptop. It was 7:58. When we were younger, we weren't aloud to start making a bunch of noise around the house until it as 8:00, so we would wait in anticipation for the clock to strike 8:00. Now that we're older, we have more self control, but we still like to wait till 8:00, just for old time's sake.

Just kidding, we have no self control, but we do actually wait. Mr. Grinch (aka Blake) gets pretty grouchy if we wake him up. He's not a big morning person, even on Christmas. One time the twins poured a bucket of ice cold water on Blake (deja vu). Let's just say that the twins learned their lesson pretty quickly.

As the clock hit 7:59, Jake started to shift around in his sleep. He woke up with a tired expression, but smiled weakly when he saw me.

"Merry Christmas Little Chef."

"Merry Christmas Jakie Poo."

"Do you want to go wake up the others?" Jake says softly.

I nod and he comes over to me. He lifts me by the waist into his shoulders and we go out of our room. I almost hit my head on the door frame when we walked out. *Sigh* This is what happens when you're tall. Just kidding...again. Jake is really the only one who adds height. But I still felt pretty tall being carried on his shoulders.

We walked into Adam and Blake's room only to find them sitting in their beds and talking to each other. I out my hands to the side of my face and gasped in surprise.

"What! Is the Blake Tuckerman sitting and talking? And in the morning?"

Blake smiled and let out a little laugh. And it was a genuine laugh. Well I guess the Grinch really does have a heart after all. But then again, it's impossible to hate me!

"Merry Christmas guys," Blake said.

"Merry Christmas," Jake and I said in unison. Adam smiled and he got up from the bed.

"It's nice to see you guys having a civilized conversation." We all laughed and didn't stop. Do you ever have those moments when you keep laughing even when something isn't funny? That was kind of what it was like right now. Even when I tried to stop, I looked at Blake and saw that he was still cracking up, making me laugh even harder. We eventually stopped and we walked out of the room.

We went to Andrew's and Victor's room next. They were fast asleep, probably from celebrating last night. Jake let me off of his shoulders and I jumped on Andrew's bed.

"Wake up! It's Christmas!" I said while bouncing on the bed. Andrew woke up and looked at my smiling face. He sat up and lifted me off the bed.