Chapter 30 - This Is Where I Belong

Summer's POV

For the past half hour, we just talked. We talked about old childhood memories, and caught up on what's been happening in our lives, besides all the spy stuff of course. When we talked, I couldn't help but notice how much happier I felt. Sure, I had just learned that my parents were spies. Sure, I had just learned that my other parents were also spies. Sure, I had just learned that I had two sets of parents. Sure, I had just learned that we were the targets of a dangerous Russian spy. But at this moment in time, that didn't matter. My heart had finally been refilled with a happy feeling called love. I finally had my family back.

"So what now?" Andrew asked after we had just laughed about the time Parker pooped in the park and Blake convinced mortified parents near by that it was really a dog had done that.

"Well, we don't really know," Maxwell, my birth father sighed.

"Has Volkan been caught?" Adam asked.

"Well, yes and no," Virginia, who I previously knew as Mrs. Murphy, answered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Blake questioned.

"You see, when you filed a report about Summer's kidnapping, the government brought the man who kidnapped Summer in and brought him in for questioning. They knew this wasn't some petty crime or joke, but it was serious matters. We actually helped in his interrogation. He broke fairly quickly and we got information about Volkan. We managed to catch Volkan, but he slipped away again and fled to Russia," Virginia answered.

"So, does that mean he's coming back?"

"He could, but we're now on extra high alert for him. He would be stupid to come back so soon after everything that's been happening lately. That's part of the reason we decided to tell you now, since Volkan was out of the country."

"What's going to happen with our family? Like who's gonna live with us, if anybody? Are we going to stay in Arrowville, or move somewhere else?" Ryan asked.

"We're still trying to figure that out, between all four of us," Scarlett said, motioning to both sets of parents. I honestly didn't know who to call my parents anymore. Both had done so much for us, without us even realizing us. On one hand, Scarlett and George, our fake parents, had kept us alive for most of our childhood, and they were the ones who really shaped us into who we were. On the other hand, Virginia and Maxwell, our birth parents, did so much for us behind the scenes. I decided that I would call both of them my parents.

"I have a question," I interjected. They all turned to face me, interested in what I was about to say.

"For school, we had to do a project where we learned about our ancestors and DNA and stuff like that for science. When I logged onto Ancestry, I looked at who my parents are supposed to be, and it said 'not identified'. Why is that?"

"The agency had an incident where other countries hacked into sites like that and were able to find information about certain spies and their loved ones. That became a big problem. So they made sure that anyone who had any relation to spies wouldn't get harmed by not identifying the spies' names. That way, other countries were less likely to hack into the servers and less people would be killed," Maxwell answered.

That made sense. Imagine one day some spy walked up to our front door holding up their phone and shoving it in our face asking, "Are you related to Virginia and Maxwell Tuckerman? Because if you are, I'm here to kill you."