Chapter 13 - Turkey!

Summer's POV

"Turkey! Turkey! Turkey! Turkey! Turkey! Turkey! Turkey!" I sang throughout the house. It was Thanksgiving, and what better way is there to celebrate Thanksgiving than to run like a lunatic around the house singing the turkey song? I was still in my pajamas, which were some checkered pants and a black tee shirt. My mismatching socks pulled the whole look together and helped me slide across the floor.

"Winter! Do everyone a favor and just shut up!" Ryan yelled from the kitchen. He was having some cereal and looking on his phone. His blonde hair was messily styled and he wore a droopy expression. He crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at me.

"What a waste of paper!" I responded. I tossed it in the trash and continued to sing my song.

He covered his ears and was banging his head on the table. He looked pretty bad, so I decided to cheer him up. I jumped on his back and started singing the turkey song right in his ear. He stood up and tried to shake me off, but I clung tightly to his shoulders.

"You know, Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for what you have, so let's say what we're thankful for. I'll go first. I'm thankful for you, Ry Ry. I'm thankful for how you throw me across the house, and tackle me, and how you share your food with me. You are just so nice! How could I ever show you how thankful I am? Oh, I know! I'll keep singing this song since I know you love it so much. I love you my Rye Bread," I said. "Your turn!"

"Well I'm thankful for those few seconds when there's peace and quiet in this house. Oh wait! That never happens!" Ryan said. I gasped and held my hand to my heart, almost losing balance.

"Ry, I never knew you felt that way," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. I kissed his temple, and hopped off his back. I saw him desperately wipe off the kiss, and began laughing.

"Haha, very funny," Ryan said. "Why don't you get some breakfast. Maybe that'll shut you up."

"Okay," I said cheerfully, and skipped over to the kitchen. I just grabbed a muffin and began chomping away. When I finished, I hurried upstairs and got ready.

I took a quick shower and dried myself off. Since people were coming over later, I decided to dress a little nicer than usual. I wore a striped shirt and a red flannel. I paired it with some dark washed jeans and the same socks. I smiled at my reflection and looked at my outfit. Then I headed to the bathroom to do my hair. I did a Dutch braid into a side braid, and pulled some pieces out in the front to frame my face. I brushed my teeth, and went back in my room to just chill out for a while.

"Hey Jakey," I greeted when I saw Jake in his bed, staring at his phone. He got back from college since it was Thanksgiving break.

"Hi Summer," Jake replied. I hopped into his bed to see what he was looking at. He was just playing some games, so i didn't bother staying for long.

I ran downstairs and turned on Pandora on the TV. There was a thanksgiving playlist, so I played it. Music was blasting throughout the house, and I was just dancing like an idiot. I was pretending to be ice skating, and I was gliding across the floor. Little did I know that my brothers were standing on the staircase and recording my embarrassing moment.

Blake coughed, and I spun around. They all burst into laughter, and I could feel my face turn as red a tomatoe.

"Wow, Dumber. You really have the moves," Victor said, while trying to control his laughter. I ran up the stairs and jumped on them. They all collapsed in a massive pile that I was on top of. I grabbed Parker's phone, which was the phone they were recording on. I deleted the video, and went on his Snapchat. I took a picture of them with the caption, "Don't mess with your sister." I sent it to all of their friends and threw the phone back to them, satisfied with my revenge.