Chapter 28 - Our Parents?

Ahhhh! Surprise! It's a double update! Make sure you read this one first!

Summer's POV

"Adam honey, we're going to ask you to lift up your shirt," my dad said.

Adam stared back at them, his eyes wide. He seemed to understand what they were talking about. My other brothers seemed as confused as I was.

Slowly, but surely, Adam lifted up his shirt. he turned to the side. Right above his hipbone, in small, messy letters, were the words:

Stay Safe
- Volkan

For a moment, the Tuckerman household was dead silent. In a house with eight kids, there's never a silent moment. So to have the house so quiet that you could hear a pin drop is incredibly rare.

Our parents stared at us, looking for our reaction. We all looked at each other, daring the other to break the silence. But instead, Adam did.

"I've always had this scar and wondered where it came from," Adam said not seeming he least bit concerned that a dangerous Russian spy imbedded some sick message into his skin.

"I've never actually been able to read what it said. I thought they were some random scratches," Adam humorlessly chuckled to himself, "but I guess I was wrong, wasn't I?"

Our parents lowered their heads, as if to apologize what they had put him through. In fact, what they had put all of us through.

"Do you believe us?" My mom asked after a while.

"Well it's sort of difficult not to when we someone's writing notes with a knife," Blake sneered.

"It's still hard to believe that our parents are spies," Parker said casually, as if the news didn't really affect him.

"Are you guys serious?" I screech, causing everyone's heads to turn towards me. "Do you think this is storytime or something? We just found out that our parents have been keeping a deadly secret from us our whole lives. And you find it 'hard to believe'," I mocked.

"This isn't some little joke. Our lives have been at risk before we were born. This is more than hard to believe. This is insane! It's impossible! It's-"

"Summer," Adam silenced. "These people risked their lives for us. And we've been ridiculing them as if they had a choice. As you said, this isn't some joke. They have given up everything for us. And this is how we repay them?"

"But-"

"Summer, we know this news comes as a shock. We understand, we really do. But it's hard for us to even look at you, nonetheless spill something that's been weighing us down. Don't think that what happened four years ago only affected you. It didn't. You guys didn't just lose your parents last night, we lost our children," my mom said.

Those words struck a nerve. Children. Were we really their children? I mean, they aren't even our biological parents. Real parents wouldn't have kept this from their kids.

"Okay, I believe your story," I finally said, everyone's attention turned toward me, "but that doesn't explain anything."

"What do you mean," my dad asked.

"Well," I started, "what was the deal with the phone call you made last summer? And why was I kidnapped? And why did we get letters from you guys randomly at our door?"

My parents looked confused, but I wasn't buying it. Their whole "we're-perfect-and-you-should-forgive-us-because-we're-top-secret-agents" act was fooling me.

"We don't know what you're talking about?" My mom said slowly with furrowed eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't play dumb with me. Weird stuff has been happening for a while now and your story isn't adding up."

After looking at each other for a few minutes, they finally reached a conclusion.

"You must be talking about your other parents," my dad said.

"You mean the ones that we've never even met?"

"Well, you've probably met them," my mom unsurely.

"I'm pretty sure I'd realize if I met my parents," I sassed.

My mom got out her phone and after a quick hushed phone call, the doorbell rang.

"And there are your parents," my mom smiled before getting up to open the door.

Nothing could have prepared me when my mom opened the door and I saw Veronica, Robert, and Ethan Murphy standing outside our door.

A/N
This is a double update so be sure to read them in order. Make sure you comment questions for the Q&A.

Thanks for reading,
Charlie:)

Thanks for reading,Charlie:)