Chapter 10 - The Little Princess

Summer's POV

Finally! I thought the week would never end! At last, the first week of school is done!

I woke up on a Saturday morning to my brothers arguing. What a great way to wake up. Some people set alarms, but I don't have to. I have my brothers, who's loud voices make setting an alarm useless.

"Summer!" Adam called from downstairs. "Can you come down for a sec? We need to ask you about something."

Uh oh. This can't be good, I thought. I cracked my brain trying to remember every bad thing I've done in front of my brothers. Did they find out about the time I punched Alex? Nah, they would be proud about that.

"Summer, honey? Now, please," Adam said. Okay, this must be serious. My brothers never say please. NEVER.

I headed downstairs and saw my brothers all standing around a letter. Ryan noticed I was there, and nudged Adam.

"Sit down," Adam demanded. I nervously sat down, twiddling my thumbs and biting my lip. My hands were getting sweaty, and I felt beads of sweat trickling down my face.

"Before I say anything, you're not in trouble," Adam stated. "I know, I'm s0—What did you just say?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I said, you're not in trouble. We need to discuss when the man kidnapped you," Adam said firmly. "Th-The man who ki-kidnapped me?" I trembled. "Yes, the man who kidnapped you." Adam said. I was grateful for his patience with me.

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked. "We want to know who he was, what he looked like, and anything strange you noticed about him," Adam answered. Geez, you sound like a detective, I thought. "Why do you want to know?" I questioned. "Because the police sent us a letter asking us about the man," Adam replied. "How do they know about him?" I asked. "There was a witness who saw him taking you. It said her name was Emma," said Adam.

"Emma? That Za—I mean I've seen her around the neighborhood," I said. I almost gave away Zak. I forgot that my brothers didn't know about him.

"Well, what was the man like?" Blake asked. "Well, he had black hair, a really pale face. Ooh! And he had these dark black eyes. Man, they were creepy. He had a Russian accent too," I said nonchalantly. I didn't want to make this a big deal.

"Anything else?"

"Well I saw him at the mall a few weeks ago. He was staring at me a lot after Autumn called my name," I added.

"That it?" Jake asked. "Pretty much," I shrugged. "Okay, the police are going to try to track this guy down and arrest him," Victor said. "You can go back to what you were doing now." "Thank you for your permission," I bowed jokingly.

Since I was already up, I decided to have some breakfast. I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet, and got Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and milk. I poured myself a delicious bowl of cereal, and ate it up while watching some TV. We all watched SpongeBob, and it reminded me of the good old days when we would just sit together on the couch. Our parents would be listening intently to our boring stories. It really surprised me when they abandoned us. They always seemed to love and care for us.

"Hey Summer. Can you pass the remote?" Andrew asked. I tossed the remote to him, and washed my dishes. Then I went upstairs to get ready for the day.

I changed into an olive green, cold-shoulder top, white jeans, and some brown uggs. I made my way to the bathroom and put my hair into a messy top knot. I wanted to look good, since I was actually doing something today. We were going dress shopping!