(harry)

I was sitting in the front yard playing with the chocolate lab puppy me and harry had adopted 3 weeks ago. i threw the ball across the yard sending y/dogs/n running after it. y/dogs/n hadn’t quite learned to bring the ball back to me when he caught it so I would have to chase him down to get it. I was busy running after y/dogs/n when harry pulled into the drive way. y/dogs/n froze dropped the ball and bounded over to harrys car. Where he gave an excited bark. I laughed at how much he loved harry already. Even though we only adopted him a short time ago and harry had been so busy that he hadn’t spent to much time with him.

“ y/dogs/n!” harry exclaimed bending down to pet him.

“ hello love” harry said walking over to me and kissing my lips “ how was your day”

“ okay “ I said  “he kept me pretty busy” I pointed to y/dogs/n who was wagging his tail

“ I got you a muffin from the bakery on my way home” harry said holding up a small paper bag

“ awe thanks babe” I said kissing him then taking the bag out of his hand “ im going to go put this inside you stay out here and play with y/dogs/n”

Harry nodded and walked over to where y/dogs/n had dropped the ball. He picked it up and hurled it across that yard. And of course y/dogs/n chased after it

“ y/n wait” harry called after me

“ yeah?” I asked turning around to face him

“ would you mind taking my jacket in with you, it’s a lot warmer out now then it was when I left for the studio” he asked

“ sure babe” I replied walking over and taking the jacket  out of his hand

“ thank you” he said sweetly

“ any time” I joked

I walked into the house and set the muffin on the counter. I was going to hand harrys jacket up when I noticed a spot on the front of his jacket He must have spilled tea or coffee on it. I didn’t want it to stain so I decided I was going to wash it. I was checking the pockets making sure there wasn’t any money left in them when my finger grazed across a plastic bag. I pulled it out and looked at the printing on the bag.It was from a jewelers . I looked inside the bag and saw a small red velvet box at the bottom. I took the box out and opened it. I gasped at what was inside. There was a huge diamond ring that must have cost harry a TON of money. I just stood there stating at it for a few moments in shock when I heard the door open.

“ y/n?” harry called

I quickly shoved the ring back into the bag and put the bag back in harrys pocket

“ in here” I said trying to make my voice sound normal

“ are you coming back outside” he asked walking into the kitchen

“ uh yeah. You didn’t leave y/dogs/n outside alone did you!!! He will run off” I said worriedly

“ don’t worry babe I put him the back yard” harry reassured me

I looked out the kitchen window to see y/dogs/n happily running around the back yard .

“ I think im going to just go and take a shower” I said looking at harry

“ okay” he said leaning in to kiss my forehead

I gave him a weak smile and walked off.

I turned the shower on and striped off my clothes. Its not that I didnt love harry or want to get married to him because I love him more then anything and am dying to marry him. Finding the ring scared me sort of . im not sure why but I had a huge nervous knot in my stomach. I love the way things are between me and harry and I hope that getting engaged wont change that.

When I got out of the shower I put on some yoga shorts and a t-shirt. I combed my hair and whipped the make-up that had began to run off. I went down stairs and got a glass of water and sat down at the table to eat the muffin that harry had gotten me.

I looked out the sliding door and harry was still running around with y/dogs/n even though it was dark out. The porch light was on making harry look even more handsome.

I finished the muffin right as harry and y/dogs/n came inside. Harry was out of breath and y/dogs/n was panting like crazy. Harry went over and filled up y/dogs/n’s water bowl. Then walked over to me.

“how was your shower” he asked

“ it was fine how was playing” I asked

“ great we had a lot of fun didn’t we buddy” harry said scratching the top of y/dogs/n’s head. I smiled and he stood up

“ are you feeling okay” he asked

“ yeah” I said putting my cup in the sink

“ good im going to go shower” he said

I nodded and walked over to the couch sitting down and flipping through tv channels. A few moments later y/dogs/n came up and laid on the couch next to me.

About half an hour later harry came down stairs wearing only sweat pants. He walked over to the couch picked up y/dogs/n who was sleeping and sat down next to me. His wet curls pressed up against my arm.

“ harry” I whined “ your hair is soaking wet”

“ sorry love” he said sheepishly moving

“ its okay” I said quietly

We found a movie to watch and about half way through I got tiered and decided I was going to go to bed.

“ im really tiered Im going to go to bed” I said getting up

“ okay I’ll come too” harry said turning the tv off “ just let me put y/dogs/n in his kennel”

I  went upstairs and went into the bedroom I almost fell over when I saw what was on my pillow .

comment  for part 2 ~onedirectiongurl16