(niall)

I walked down the dimly lit street. My shoes squishing against the wet pavement. My clothes were still wet from the rain and I shivered against the wind. I left my house about 3 hours ago . my mum had found my report card and got angry when she saw I had gotten a c in science. She called my dad and he rushed home from work so that they could both yell at me. I had finally had enough of being yelled at so I ran out the front door . that’s normally how every fight with my parents has ever ended since I was 11.my parents used to run after me or drive around in their car until they found me. But I guess they realized it was pointless because they stopped looking and just started waiting for me to come back.  Every time I would walk just a little farther from the house. This time I went WAY to far .nothing look familiar.  stop lights hung low on a wire instead of being attached to a pole . buildings widows were replaced by wood everything just seemed dirty an run down. I turned down a ally . soggy card bored lay on the ground next to metal rubbish cans. Dirty old food wrappers were stuck to the wet cement.  Water dripped off of a building making me jump slightly . a rat ran out from under a dumpster then scurried across the wall. I let out a small squeal and jumped back. I heard a low  laugh that turned into a smokers cough . the laugh sent chills down my spine and I looked up to see a man coming around the corner. He was dressed In raggedy old clothes and he was dragging a old trash bag behind him. I turned around and ran as fast as I could out off the ally and down another road. I finally stopped to catch my breath . I walked for a few more moments until I finally decided that there was no way I was going to find my way home alone. I pulled my phone out and clicked on my boyfriend nialls contact.

He picked up on the first ring

“ y/n!” he said into the phone

“ uh yeah its me” I said quietly not wanting the man at the end of the ally to find me “ can you pick me up”

“ yeah of course” he said eagerly “ where are you”

“ that’s the problem I don’t know” I said leaning up against a brick wall

He let out a loud sigh “ I called you 5 times you should have answered before you got lost”

“ I know im sorry I didn’t think I was going to get lost ” I replied

“ no one ever thinks they are going to get lost “ he said

It was now my turn to let out a sigh

“ okay forget about that, there must be a street sign or something unless you’re in the middle of nowhere like the desert or the woods” he said

“ uh hold on” I said walking to the end of the street so I could get a better look at the street sign “ yeah there is a sign”

“ what does it say” he asked

“ uh .. it says the first and Amistad” I replied

“ okay I know exactly where you are and why are you so far away from your  house” he said

“ I’ve been walking for a while” I said quietly

“ okay well im leaving now. y/n promise me you will say there don’t go anywhere with any one even if they look harmless most likely there not and don’t talk to anyone , if someone talks to you just act like you’re on the phone or couldn’t hear them” he insisted in a stern tone

“ okay how far away are you” I asked getting more and more nervous

“ I will drive as fast as I can” he was cut off by a electronic beep

I pulled my phone away from my ear and looked at it the screen was dark. I pressed the power button hoping to see the apple sign but instead it showed a dead battery and told me to plug my phone into the charger.

I cursed under my breath knowing this was the worst time for my phone to die. If something were to happen there would be no way for me to get any help . I sat on the ground and leaned against the building that was on the corner  hoping niall would be there soon.

I heard footsteps and turned my head to the side to see a shadow of someone coming around the corner. I stood up and quietly ran to the other side of the building I was leaning on  .  I pressed myself up against the wall praying that the person wouldn’t walk down the street and find me. Right as the foot steps were coming closer to me I saw head lights and heard a car. I looked around the corner and saw nialls car . he stopped the car and jumped out running to where I was.

“ are you okay? “ he asked running up to me

“ yeah im fine” I replied

“ why are you wet” he touched my sweater that was clinging to my body

“ it was raining remember” I said

“ lets just go” he said taking my hand and walking to the car

I stopped before getting in

“ come on we need to get out of here” niall said opening his door

“ im wet I will ruin your seats” I said

Niall walked to the trunk grabbed something then walked over to me. He handed me what was in his hands. It was one of his t-shirts

I shook my head  “ I cant change here”

Niall looked over at the homeless man looking at us.

“ I will take care of him just change quickly” he said walking towards the man

I didn’t waist any time . I hastily took off my wet clothes and slipped on nialls dry shirt that ending mid thigh. I then walked to the trunk and set my wet clothes inside.

“ feeling better” he asked as I sat down in the car

I nodded “ how did you get that homeless man to leave us alone”

“ I told him that if he didn’t stop looking at you I would make sure he never saw anything again”

I rolled my eyes at how over protective he was

I looked down at the shirt “ I am going to have to change back into my other clothes before you drop me off at my house or my parents are going to kill me”

“ no you wont im not dropping you off your staying at my place I already called and asked if it was okay he said as we drove away.

I nodded and he took my hand “ are you tiered”

“ very” I said leaning my head on his shoulder

“ why don’t you try and sleep “ he said kissing my forehead

“ okay” I said moving so that my head was now leaning up against the door

I woke up to niall carrying my into the house .

“ ni” I said groggily

“its okay love go back to sleep we are home now” he whispered as he carried me upstairs

“ my clothes will mold in your trunk” I said quietly

“ they are already in the wash don’t worry about it just go to bed” he reassured me

He set my down on his soft bed and I climbed under the blankets. He kissed my forehead and then walked to his closet to change.  

By the time he climbed into bed I was nearly asleep again . he wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled my  closer to him. I nuzzled my head into his neck and put one hand on his chest.

“ good night baby” he said kissing my cheek

“ night” I mumbled before falling completely asleep in nialls arms