All My Fault//Chapter 11

A/n heyyy I decided to be REALLY nice and give you some backstory! This whole chapter is about her family and what happened to them. And also the people who caused it. I REPEAT THIS WHOLE CHAPTER IS HER PAST!! Hope you enjoy 💕
Warning: Content below includes writing about abuse, If that is truggering- I suggest you don't read.

*Anna at 13 years old*

Today is my 13th birthday and I could not be more excited! My whole family will be there. My parents, my aunts, my uncle Eric, my younger sister Lily. And my older brother Matt. Even Corbyn and his parents will be there! Corbyn is my best friend besides Rena. Rena and I met at school, she is so funny and she gets me you know? We do everything together. Me and Corbyn are neighbors and our parents are friends so that is why he is going to my 'family' birthday party. Corbyn is such an amazing friend. He is the most trustworthy and caring person I know. And no- i dont like him in that way we are just bestfriends.

*time skip to dinner* "Hey there Beth! How you been?" Corbyn asks as we walk through the back yard. "I've been great Bean, how about you?" "Same, Happy Birthday. I can't believe you're older than me tho. Ngl, its pretty upsetting" he fake cries wiping away his fake tears "Oh hush, stop being such a baby Corbs" he has always been so dramatic. Our entire friendship he has always been like this.

We catch up because we recently went to Paris for a week for an early birthday present. My parents are the CEO's of a very popular company. They also own hotels and resorts all across the globe, they are the the owners of Marriot International. Yes the hotel people, those are my parents Frank and Darline Marriot. (A/n those are made up people btw) We are extremely rich. But my parents give a lot of their money to charity and foundations. My parents are good people. "Annabeth Faith Marriot, what are you doing out here in this cold" my mother yells from the back door. "Sorry mother-" i yell back "We should probably get inside now" Corbyn says laughing. "Yeah, its dinner time anyways" I reply walking back to my house.
*Skip dinner, Birthday cake, and Gifts b/c as you know...i'm lazyyyyy*

"Hey want to watch a movie Corbs?" I ask looking at him noticing how bored he is. "Sure thing Beth". We both decide to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Halfway through the movie I fall asleep resting my head on Corbyn's shoulder.

Corbyns P.O.V.

She falls asleep on my shoulder. If you are wondering no, I do not like her in that way, nor will I ever. She is just my bestfriend. A couple minutes pass and she starts to shake. Oh no not again. Annabeth has this thing where when she gets too caught up in a dream, or something traumatic happens in her dream she gets seizures. If she dosen't get her medication in under 15 minutes she could have a stroke or go into cardiac arrest. I sprint toward the bathroom, grab the meds and the needle. Fill it up, and inject it into her arm. She stops shaking, her heart rate goes down, and she is breathing normally. She flutters her eyes open and takes a deep breath. She stands up and tackles me to the floor "I can't loose you Corbs, I can't loose you" I feel her tears soak through my shirt."Annabeth its okay, I am not going to leave you and I never will" I say while stroking the back of her hair with my free hand. "Promise?" She asks me with wide eyes, still full of sadness. "Promise".

*Time skip to a week later*
Anna's P.O.V.

I was just relaxing on my bed when all the sudden I hear gunshots. I jump up and run downstairs to see someone who looks familiar yet someone I have never met before. I look around to see my parents on the floor with pools of blood surrounding them. My parents the people that raised me, that nurtured me, protected me, the ones that loved me are dead. As I try and run up to them and stop them the man with the gun stops and points it at me "Move one more muscle and your dead" he threatens. Then someone from behind me puts a cloth over my nose and mouth and watch everything fade into nothingness. As I watch my parents fade away and a cold, lifeless, darkness takes over I realize what is happening. This is the last time I am going to see them and I feel helpless. I sit there drowning in the guilt that maybe...just maybe i could have tried to save them. I am not sure what I could've done but if I had an opportunity to save them I would have.